VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
From conversations with Tuomo, the VASL LOS engine is not the most elegantly architected piece of code and is not easily extended to things like overlays, different color pelleted, etc.... I wish it was.

He seems to think that the engine needs a major rewrite to be worth the effort of making it worth the trouble. Beyond me at this point, and probably more than just generating Los files?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct. Appreciate the thought, but the code needs to be rewritten. Moving forward, LOS files will not be included with new boards, and when the old boards are updated for VASL 5.9.3 (enabling Light Woods plus another tweak or two), we'll take the LOS files out.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct. Appreciate the thought, but the code needs to be rewritten. Moving forward, LOS files will not be included with new boards, and when the old boards are updated for VASL 5.9.3 (enabling Light Woods plus another tweak or two), we'll take the LOS files out.
GOOD

VASL maintenance/enhancement resources need to be prioritized

The LOS "string" does everything that is necessary

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Setting up a bridge crossing and noticed the spelling of "Pontoon" is incorrect in the dialogue box when you create it. Comes up as "Ponton".

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While setting up a game of Ancient Feud between the Hungarians and Romanians(Axis Minors) I noticed that the options when right slicking those 2 Sniper counters were different. For example, only the Hungarian Snipers had the size option.

:skull:

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I've found a small map error - on board 3a the woods in L20-M20-N20 are contiguous, but on the printed map there are gaps such that one can use bypass around M20. Check me?

-N
View attachment 33157

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
You are correct (using board v0.0), and I wouldn't call an error like that "small".

(Board version "0"? Really?)

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Compare to BB20, CC20, and DD20 on map 3b ... only one woods hex in CC20.

Double checked and I have v.2.0 from 1/14/10 of both boards.

Last edited:

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Compare to BB20, CC20, and DD20 on map 3b ... only one woods hex in CC20.
Not sure what your point is Larry. The error with the VASL map is on board 3a, not 3b. Yes, 3b doesn't have woods hexes in BB20 or DD20. 3a does. That's deliberate -- it's because of the way the different sides of those maps align with other maps.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll add this to the VASL Map ToDo List. Sorry about that.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure what your point is Larry. The error with the VASL map is on board 3a, not 3b. Yes, 3b doesn't have woods hexes in BB20 or DD20. 3a does. That's deliberate -- it's because of the way the different sides of those maps align with other maps.
Did not look at the physical boards ... just assumed they were identical ... my bad.

Carl_Alex

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Is there something preventing making the CG maps (RB, KGP; BRT etc.) maps available on the bazar web site ?

IMHO doing that would be a good idea.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there something preventing making the CG maps (RB, KGP; BRT etc.) maps available on the bazar web site ?
Nope; I just haven't gotten around to it. Sorry, I know that's a weak answer, but yup.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
is this being used by the developers ? I check "list 2" and there are things on there from 2009 that have not been moved from reported to being worked on

IAFF760

Reaction score
For pbem logs, it would be nice to be able to select a counter(s) and, perhaps using a left click option, have the counter(s) and hex reported in the text window.