Thrown DC.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Does a unit which throws a DC from a hex which has a burning wreck in it add an additional +3 DRM for the SMOKE or is the SMOKE ignored?

A24.2 says in part that all Direct Fire through, within, or out of a SMOKE location is affected by the appropriate DRM.

A24.8 says add an additional +1 if the SMOKE is in your Location.

The index defines "Direct Fire" as: Any fire attack requiring a LOS from the firer which does not use Indirect Fire.

So I guess the question is does a thrown DC constitute a "Dircect Fire" attack? -- jim

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Based on the rules you quoted (I don't have a rule book here) then yes, a thrown DC is a "direct fire" attack.

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
I believe you should ignore the smoke - A23.1 "The defender's (or thrower's) TEM (not LOS Hindrances) applies to the resolution of the attack [EXC: hexside TEM is NA if DC Placed/Set] but leadership modifiers do not."

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the replies guys. One more data point: A23.6 a DC may be thrown to an ADJACENT Location in it's LOS.......by any unpinned, good order Personnel capable of SW usage. That implies that an LOS is required and seems to me like it would make this consistent with "Direct Fire" and triggers A24.2. I am far from a rules guru though. -- jim