The Undeniable Case For Pink Floyd: Rock Band

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Edge has a good editorial:

The Undeniable Case For Pink Floyd: Rock Band

Now that Harmonix Music Systems has shipped The Beatles: Rock Band, they have nowhere to go but down. PR guy John Drake says they spent 17 months on research and development for the game, investing more personnel than they’d ever sunk into a single title. Who else deserves that kind of treatment? Led Zeppelin? U2? Herman and the Hermits?

My money’s on Pink Floyd. Not only could they move enough copies to make it worth everyone’s while: they would also push the music game genre in directions that even the Beatles couldn’t muster.
Hear, hear! :clap:

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They already made a Guitar Hero: Metallica.
Yeah, well I only have GH2; having lost feeling in the middle three of my left hand's fingers (and having a 30-degree bend to the last '"knuckle" of my middle finger courtesy of a tablesaw mishap) I have some degree of trouble keeping up with the more intricate 'fretwork'...sigh...maybe I should learn to play left-handed...:OHNO:

...I'm also remiss in not mentioning KISS, especially if they could work in the stage show somehow...

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd like The Who Rock Band.
You get Pete doing the Windmill, the Ox not budging a muscle, Roger twirling the mike on an 8 foot cord, and all the kids fighting to get to be Keith Moon on drums, which will need to be replaced on a monthly basis. I think it's a winner.

Noxious

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, well I only have GH2; having lost feeling in the middle three of my left hand's fingers (and having a 30-degree bend to the last '"knuckle" of my middle finger courtesy of a tablesaw mishap) I have some degree of trouble keeping up with the more intricate 'fretwork'...sigh...maybe I should learn to play left-handed...:OHNO:
Django Reinhardt, or closer to us, era wise, Tony Iommi. Both learned to play with missing/maimed fingers, instead of switching sides :)
I think they did pretty well for themselves ;)

...I'm also remiss in not mentioning KISS, especially if they could work in the stage show somehow...
Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud !!!

On the original theme :
Pink Floyd at Pompei could be the backdrop for their repertoire up to Dark Side, and then the Big O in Montreal since its coldness in part inspired the whole the Wall thing :)

qwokie

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
On the original theme :
Pink Floyd at Pompei could be the backdrop for their repertoire up to Dark Side . . .

first Django is amazing!! secondly, Pink Floyd at Pompei would be an awesome backdrop!!!

How about one for the punk scene! British punk, LA Punk and New York punk.