Tactics and Strategy Forum is up!

bennyb

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks Don, Chris, Chas and Andrew (and all who voted/commented) for creating the Strategy & Tactics forum. Most of the strategy articles look to have been moved there so lets continue to support it and compile as much info as we can.

Ben

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am sorry this was done. It was unneeded and now an added inconvenience exists.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
I am sorry this was done. It was unneeded and now an added inconvenience exists.
I'm quite puzzled by this comment. What is so inconvenient? Need is a matter of taste, so I can't dispute that, but inconvenient?

Victor

DLYoung70

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unfortunately when Pitman says "an added inconvenience exists" we all have to switch our translators on and remember to apend "to me" on the end of anything he states in his usual "I said it, so it's a fact" manner. Honestly, the guy is really bright and has a lot of good things to say... if you simply apend those two words anywhere he states something as fact when it appears to be just his opinion, it's a lot easier.

I'm sorry if that comes off as offensive Mark. I really learn a lot from your posts, and I appreciate your efforts within the community. I just sometimes take issue with that tone, and find that remembering that it's just your opinion makes things a lot better.

jackcambell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy

Strangly, I think the main ASL forum has become the off topic forum IE the Sci-fi thread, MotY, Day after and so on. So I for am glad there is a tactics section, no more having to plow through a bunch of off topic posts in the main forum.

jc

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Needs

Hey all,

This forum has a purpose of helping the newest members of the ASL community. The old timers know most of the tricks of the trade and if we are to bring new blood to the best game in the world we need to help them become better players and not take advantage of their lack of experience.

My 2 cents,
Jimfer

Oliver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am glad this was done, because it is more convenient to have all the tactics-related threads in one, easily findable folder.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Well, I wasn't too enthusiastic about it myself, but this is what was decided. If it works out well then we can't complain. If it doesn't work out we can always delete it and move those posts back into the main forum.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Victor, it is inconvenient because one now has to specifically go into yet another subforum to find a group of messages.

Darrell, your comments just amaze me. When I say something, it is of course my opinion. I do not have to say "in my opinion." If it were not my opinion I would not be saying it. I don't know why you have to mentally add "in my opinion" to comments that I make. Perhaps you are not use to people who do not beat around the bush when stating something that they believe. I certainly state my opinions forcefully. Perhaps that confuses you somehow.

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
Victor, it is inconvenient because one now has to specifically go into yet another subforum to find a group of messages.

Darrell, your comments just amaze me. When I say something, it is of course my opinion. I do not have to say "in my opinion." If it were not my opinion I would not be saying it. I don't know why you have to mentally add "in my opinion" to comments that I make. Perhaps you are not use to people who do not beat around the bush when stating something that they believe. I certainly state my opinions forcefully. Perhaps that confuses you somehow.
Could it be because your opinions, Mark, are disrespectful to other's opinions, low blow at times, etc.? Many posters at Consim seemed to think so.

Keith

mkirschenbaum

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jackcambell said:
Howdy

Strangly, I think the main ASL forum has become the off topic forum IE the Sci-fi thread, MotY, Day after and so on. So I for am glad there is a tactics section, no more having to plow through a bunch of off topic posts in the main forum.
jc
Sorry, explain why these things are off topic in a general ASL forum? :confused:

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
bennyb said:
Thanks Don, Chris, Chas and Andrew (and all who voted/commented) for creating the Strategy & Tactics forum. Most of the strategy articles look to have been moved there so lets continue to support it and compile as much info as we can.

Ben
Yeah well I think this folder is Great!! You guys are in for a real Beating once I get all this reading in .. lets see ... who's ganna be the next victim ... : )

bennyb

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
pitman said:
It may be worth pointing out that a really good quick way to see what's happening across the ASL forum as a whole is the "New Posts" link above. At least that way there is no need to click through a bunch of sub-forums to read everything :smoke:

Ben

Edit: Oops I retract that, looks like it shows new posts across all forums. Doh!

Last edited:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keith, I am sure it is a valid statement to say that some of my opinions are disrespectful of other people's opinions. Not all opinions are equally valid. I am not going to give Scott Holst's opinion on MMP, for example, the same weight I might give yours. Other opinions I might not be respectful of if they are not buttressed by facts or sufficiently grounded in reason or logic. But the whole subject is rather irrelevant to what the thread of conversation was; you just availed yourself of a handy opportunity to take a shot at me.

Tork

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for putting the new folder together!! I wasn't expecting it to happen quite that fast--very pleasant surprise.

I like the convenience factor of having these discussions all in one place. Cool!