table C7.34, subscripts 2,3, & 4.

RollTide

Reaction score
First name
Hank
Country
llUnited States
Hello.

Trying to understand the small text of table C7.34, subscripts 2,3, & 4.
2: Half if Long Range, +1 if CE & +2 if OT
3: +1 if CE CT or +2 if OT; -2 vs Moving Target; +1/+2 Elevation adv. (C7.22)
4: +1 if OT; double if CH

I am missing something. I think Im supposed to know somehow which rule each of the subscripts is referring to, but I don't, just guessing.

I think #2 is for FT only.

For #3, "+1 if CE CT or +2 if OT" is for Aerial, "+1/+2 Elevation adv." is for MOL.
What is the "-2 vs Moving Target"? First, I assume it is a TK modification... for both Aerial and MOL?

#4 can not be for FT, Aerial or MOL as those are covered by 2 & 3... what is this case #4?

Thanks.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Trying to understand the small text of table C7.34, subscripts 2,3, & 4.
2: Half if Long Range, +1 if CE & +2 if OT
3: +1 if CE CT or +2 if OT; -2 vs Moving Target; +1/+2 Elevation adv. (C7.22)
4: +1 if OT; double if CH

I am missing something. I think Im supposed to know somehow which rule each of the subscripts is referring to, but I don't, just guessing.

I think #2 is for FT only.

For #3, "+1 if CE CT or +2 if OT" is for Aerial, "+1/+2 Elevation adv." is for MOL.
What is the "-2 vs Moving Target"? First, I assume it is a TK modification... for both Aerial and MOL?

#4 can not be for FT, Aerial or MOL as those are covered by 2 & 3... what is this case #4?
The notes are in the C7.34 table:
  • 1: table row = "UNARMORED TARGET: FINAL TK#¹
  • 2: FT armored TK# = 8²
  • 3: MOL armored TK# = 6³
  • 4: MOL-P armored TK# = 6⁴
If you look in the table you should see them there. They are summaries of various rules, in particular 2) & 3) in C7.344 and 4) in C13.54.

As a minor technical point, they are superscripts not subscripts.

JR

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
All deal with flame weapons, flamethrower and molotov cocktails. Per C7.344 the modifiers are different and AF of target is not used. Any tank, T-50 or IS-2, is killed on 8 or less by a FT but if CE the number is a 9 and any open top AFV, like the SU-76M is a 10. If there is a critical hit with the MOL-projector the to kill number is doubled from 6 to 12 on a closed top and a 13 for an open top AFV. A CE AFV does not have a modifier to the kill number for the MOL projector.