Stupid editor question..

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I want a formation to be mobile on turn 1, to be static/reserve/whatever/in each case not accessable for orders from turn 2 on and to become mobile again on a later turn. It doesn't work with the formation orders event - am i too dumb or what's the secret? :nervous:

Thanks in advance.

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
How about this Telu?
In Garrison mode you can't even entrench them.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
That's similar to what i've tried, but with static orders. I am gonna try it and let you know.

It's actually a bit more complicated. More later.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It works now... don't know if it's related with the garrison orders as i initially tried static..thanks Silvain.

The formation is mobile on turn 1 when it can be air-dropped. If it isn't air-dropped, it goes to garrison on turn 2. On turn 6 it is released again to be landed by sea-transport. It works with all related events. Air transport, sea transport, supply drop zone.

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Editing PO question..Leaves Fall, 1914.....

Well, the 'title' is right, and some o' the right peeps are here, there for:

Situation: Need to blow bridges (PO turn, after allowing a chance for PO friendly units to 'escape' ) over a super-river. This situation was also commented on in the EA sub-forums, IIRC........
----------------------------------------------
Situation:
Very early in the (50 turn) scenario, and would rather loose the couple o' 'covering force' units than allow the GE forces to assault over intact bridges which is contra-history, and really screws historical results (tested POvsPO).

Any 'easy' way to do this, ie; not useing anything except unit location/response to.....sort of thing?

Editing for 'blown bridges' is easy, lol! Allowing units to pass over them first, not so much, :laugh:
-----------------------------------------

Note: just getting into editing, and while I should be reading tutorials, I thought I'd ask 'those in the know' first, eh?

As a learning thing, I'm trying to edit 'Tom Porto's' Home befor the Leaves Fall scenario, both as a learning exercise and to correct what I feel are 'possible' mistakes on his part.

Edit a little bit, run POvsPO, edit a little bit, rinse repeat, etc.

Gotta start somewhere, eh? NOTE that I have ZERO intention of ever uploading my version, as there doesn't appear to be a good chance of contacting the 'designer' for permission, eh?
-------------------------------------------------
Hence: Looking to you guy's that are presently working out with this sort of stuff for tips/nudges/whacks on the back o' the head.

Yeah, 3.2 should make a diff, but I'd like to get some info from the 'befor' section too, will help to show a diff, eh?

Kurt

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
No clue Kurt. Silvanski is the PO man - maybe he knows under which conditions the PO blows bridges.
(and maybe he would volunteer to set up the PO for Anzio 1944?.. (just kidding..but i hate setting up the PO, i got more fun from setting up a OOB and designing an army..) )

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
No clue Kurt. Silvanski is the PO man - maybe he knows under which conditions the PO blows bridges.
(and maybe he would volunteer to set up the PO for Anzio 1944?.. (just kidding..but i hate setting up the PO, i got more fun from setting up a OOB and designing an army..) )
Not a Problem,eh?

Your still a 'heavy' in designing, lol! Not to mention, your name on the title should bring in all that have 'experience', eh?

Caught my attention, :clown:

ralphtrickey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, the 'title' is right, and some o' the right peeps are here, there for:

Situation: Need to blow bridges (PO turn, after allowing a chance for PO friendly units to 'escape' ) over a super-river. This situation was also commented on in the EA sub-forums, IIRC........
----------------------------------------------
Situation:
Very early in the (50 turn) scenario, and would rather loose the couple o' 'covering force' units than allow the GE forces to assault over intact bridges which is contra-history, and really screws historical results (tested POvsPO).

Any 'easy' way to do this, ie; not useing anything except unit location/response to.....sort of thing?

Editing for 'blown bridges' is easy, lol! Allowing units to pass over them first, not so much, :laugh:
-----------------------------------------

Note: just getting into editing, and while I should be reading tutorials, I thought I'd ask 'those in the know' first, eh?

As a learning thing, I'm trying to edit 'Tom Porto's' Home befor the Leaves Fall scenario, both as a learning exercise and to correct what I feel are 'possible' mistakes on his part.

Edit a little bit, run POvsPO, edit a little bit, rinse repeat, etc.

Gotta start somewhere, eh? NOTE that I have ZERO intention of ever uploading my version, as there doesn't appear to be a good chance of contacting the 'designer' for permission, eh?
-------------------------------------------------
Hence: Looking to you guy's that are presently working out with this sort of stuff for tips/nudges/whacks on the back o' the head.

Yeah, 3.2 should make a diff, but I'd like to get some info from the 'befor' section too, will help to show a diff, eh?

Kurt
Have you tried simply putting an engineer or HQ on the bridge? I'm pretty sure that 'support formations' go last in the pecking order, and if retreating will blow the bridges.:clown:,

The other way would be to turn on the POLog, see which formation goes last, and put the unit that moves last onto the bridge :smoke:

Let me know if you set it up and it doesn't work.

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Ralph answered it.. engineers will do stuff to bridges... but I don't know if they're more likely to do so when in a formation on "defend" orders

Is this an invitation for a "commisioned:laugh:" job?

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Thanks for the jump start, Guys......

Something to set teeth to, at least :laugh:

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Let's continue..

I want to create a loop that regulates theatre recon. Theatre recon should be 0 at PM turns and 10 on AM turns. Turns are 6 hours. Well, i simply don't get it to work and i don't know why..

I've tried various ways, this is my latest one, which only allows for one circle so to speak..

#1 T1 Theatre Recon 0 (first turn is pre-dawn)
#2 T2 News only
#3 T999* News only (*first tried Turn 4 - but doesn't work, too)
#4 EvAct2 Theatre Recon 10
#5 EvAct3 Theatre Recon -10
#6 EvAct2 Activate 3, delay=2
#7 EvAct3 Activate 2, delay=2

I also tried to 'cross-enable' the triggers and the effects, but it still doesn't work:

#8 EvAct2 Enable3
#9 EvAct3 Enable2
#10 EvAct4 Enable5
#11 EvAct5 Enable4
#12 EvAct6 Enable 7
#13 EvAct7 Enable 6

So, any ideas? What am i missing?

I know I could set it up every two turns with normal events, but with 120 turns this would use up 120 events (60 per force) in a silly way..:nuts:

Last edited:

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Nevermind the above, thanks to Bob Cross and his last post in this thread i found this to work:

#1 T2 News only
#2 EvAct1 Enable 1
#3 EvAct1 Theatre Recon 10
#4 EvAct1 Enable 3, delay=3

#5 T4 News only
#6 EvAct5 Enable 5
#7 EvAct5 Theatre Recon -10
#8 EvAvt5 Enable7, delay=3

Note that if you don't set a Theatre Recon value for Turn 1 it will be 0, what is exactly what i need here.