Returning to ASL

Eduardoh

Reaction score
Country
llBrazil
So, some years ago (13, to be more exact) I sold all my ASL stuff.
I want to get back on it, but getting actual physical games is A LOT more expensive now (as in impossibly expensive), as I live in Brazil.
eASL Rulebook is a blessing, so I'm getting it.
I'd love to get Beyond Valor, Paratroopers and Yanks scenarios in PDF too, so I could play them online with VASL.
Are there any plans for more of these core material becoming available digitally?
HASL games would also be a joy to have.

Thanks!

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
You probably already have them, but in the Resource section on the MMP Site they have downloads of ASL AP#1, Provence Pack, and the ASL Classic.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I want to get back on it, but getting actual physical games is A LOT more expensive now (as in impossibly expensive), as I live in Brazil.
I'd love to get Beyond Valor, Paratroopers and Yanks scenarios in PDF too, so I could play them online with VASL.
Are there any plans for more of these core material becoming available digitally?

Thanks!
AFAIK, no plans to PDF the scenarios in the boxes,

BUT

You can get a ton of scenarios in PDF form in the Annuals and Journals PDF bundles:

e.g. https://www.wargamevault.com/product/307552/ASL-Journal-Bundle?src=hottest_filtered

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thanks!
Not to mention Yankee ASL does put out all its products in PDF. No modules here, as that requires counters and such. However, we do intend to offer PDF printable maps with packs as well as the scenarios being printable. Shameless plug here, the Steve Johns pack is three scenarios away from being done and should be available by early spring. Search the Unofficial Support Forum above for details on Yankee ASL and what is out on the site already.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
David Murray started a thread, Mounted boards-what to do with them, where he is looking to sell about 45 boards. He is in the UK so I have no idea if shipping to Brazil would be cost prohibitive. It could be a start at rebuilding the game though. Just a thought.

Good luck with your quest for modules. Welcome back and good gunnin to you!

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not to mention Yankee ASL does put out all its products in PDF. No modules here, as that requires counters and such. However, we do intend to offer PDF printable maps with packs as well as the scenarios being printable. Shameless plug here, the Steve Johns pack is three scenarios away from being done and should be available by early spring. Search the Unofficial Support Forum above for details on Yankee ASL and what is out on the site already.
Subscribe to Dispatches from the Bunker and get all back issues plus the next 4 for $65 $75

Last edited:

Eduardoh

Reaction score
Country
llBrazil
Thanks all for the great suggestions.

And yeah, VASL it will be, no other way to do it.

Shipping is one of the components in making physical games impossible here, the others are taxes and conversion rates.
Say I buy Beyond Valor $132 + Shipping $50 (estimating low). That would make it around $380-400 after taxes. Converting it would be R$ 2.150, that is almos twice month minimum wage. That's almost the median monthly income in Brazil.

So, gonna get everything digital then!

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There is a chance you could get the core modules cheaper on e-bay or another site that sells used items. I’ve had two people in the Montreal area ask me if I know someone looking for kit. Let me know if you want to pursue that .

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Subscribe to Dispatches from the Bunker and get all back issues plus the next 4 for $65
Thanks for the plug Ric, the WORKs, all 55 pdf Back Issues and a 4 issue pdf subscription are $75.00 at this point as you get 59 issues and well over 175 scenarios, 2 HASL Campaigns and many articles on all aspects of ASL in it. See complete details on how to order in my Monthly Update at the Emporium link here at Gamesquad: The ASL Emporium | GameSquad Forums

Any other questions maybe sent to my direct e-mail at: aslbunker@aol.com

Thanks for your interest and consideration, your ASL Comrade, Vic.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the plug Ric, the WORKs, all 55 pdf Back Issues and a 4 issue pdf subscription are $75.00 at this point as you get 59 issues and well over 175 scenarios, 2 HASL Campaigns and many articles on all aspects of ASL in it. See complete details on how to order in my Monthly Update at the Emporium link here at Gamesquad: The ASL Emporium | GameSquad Forums

Any other questions maybe sent to my direct e-mail at: aslbunker@aol.com

Thanks for your interest and consideration, your ASL Comrade, Vic.
Sounds like a great deal to me!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
M.Netto is another player, new to the forum, who is from Brazil. Perhaps you guys could get In contact with each other.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I know of 2 fairly complete (fairly, I mean very!) Sets looking for a home here in the UK. £500 would get you a full set but the seller does not want to ship internationally. I looked at the cost of a 40 kg package to the US and the options were more than the seller was looking to get.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Me too! LOL, are you a subscriber??? If not, send me an e-mail to: aslbunker@aol.com and I'll send a sample pdf issue, Vic.
Thanks Vic but I don't play anymore. I just pontificate and try to encourage others to enjoy this great game however they choose. Oh yeah and I indulge my sense of humor with silly threads too.🙄

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Vic but I don't play anymore. I just pontificate and try to encourage others to enjoy this great game however they choose. Oh yeah and I indulge my sense of humor with silly threads too.🙄
How come you don't play?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
How come you don't play?
Many reasons. Fish and I just burnt out in '95. We had played about 2500+ scenarios since '82. We ran ASLOk for the first ten years. A ton of playtesting. Fish started playtesting with COD, me with GI. Lots of tournaments. AH was shutting down and Mac was leaving, he was our buddy and that was depressing. We were both gamers at the core and ASL just became too much work and not enough fun for us.

We still played different games, a lot of Play Station, but the passion for ASL was gone.These things happen. After Fish passed I didn't play any game for years and only started playing Civilization again around 2020.

ASL still had a place in our hearts and Gamesquad was where we kept in touch with that old love.

Last edited: