Rally Point Volume 20 scenarios for ROAR or JR are you still alive?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
meh, stick a fork in it. Just use Scenario Archive.
I'm using them as the primary source as it gives more information.
2 Bad players playing the same scenario 8 times making it 7-1 doesn't bode well for getting picked at a tournament or home play.

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just ask ChatGPT to select ASL tournament scenarios. What could possibly go wrong?

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
You know your PDF doesn't look all that modern either ;) Ancient isn't bad. And AOL as a point of sales address? 1980 called and it wants its tech back :D -- jim
I'll be 70 later this year and damn glad I lived in the 2nd half of the last century, best of times so ancient is me and proud of it. My newsletter is very old school, and seems to be liked by anyone in the hobby who reads it or plays the going on 200 scenarios we have published.

At least I had the Beatles, modern listeners can have modern pop. We are an old group in this hobby but I saw some younger guys playing at the Nor'easter as well, so maybe there is some hope for the hobby. Time for some Black Sabbath to rev me up for VotG24 Raid On Rodimtsev I'll be starting as the Russian in the VASL League today. Stalingrad always is entertaining, looking so forward to it. Enjoy your Saturday everyone, I sure will!

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I'll be 70 later this year and damn glad I lived in the 2nd half of the last century, best of times so ancient is me and proud of it. My newsletter is very old school, and seems to be liked by anyone in the hobby who reads it or plays the going on 200 scenarios we have published.

At least I had the Beatles, modern listeners can have modern pop. We are an old group in this hobby but I saw some younger guys playing at the Nor'easter as well, so maybe there is some help for the hobby. Time for some Black Sabbath to rev me up for VotG24 Raid On Rodimtsev I'll be starting as the Russian in the VASL League today. Stalingrad always is entertaining, looking so forward to it. Enjoy your Saturday everyone, I sure will!
I saw Jerry live and I was in my 20's for the 80's. I love old school. I have no problems with ancient. But as an ancient myself and lover of things ancient, I would never say something's age is a reason for abandoning a thing like you did. That sets a BAD precedent for me as an old man. :) -- jim

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The import from ROAR to the archive is a manual process that involves downloading everything from that report, amending the columns, wiping the contents from the archive and re-uploading, whilst the linking remains the same, it's non-trivial because there's no unique key for any given scenario (some scenarios have the same reference identifier and some have the same name) and the sides are also not consistent (attacker first/defender second etc). I try to do it once every six months or so, simply because it takes me an hour or so to do it and make sure nothing's gone wrong. Also, it feels wrong to attempt to get realtime data from roar - JR has given his approval though for the archive to use roar's data, but my assumption of fair use is that it's periodic (to be clear, he didn't stipulate a fair use policy, that's my interpretation of what's right).

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The import from ROAR to the archive is a manual process that involves downloading everything from that report, amending the columns, wiping the contents from the archive and re-uploading, whilst the linking remains the same, it's non-trivial because there's no unique key for any given scenario (some scenarios have the same reference identifier and some have the same name) and the sides are also not consistent (attacker first/defender second etc). I try to do it once every six months or so, simply because it takes me an hour or so to do it and make sure nothing's gone wrong. Also, it feels wrong to attempt to get realtime data from roar - JR has given his approval though for the archive to use roar's data, but my assumption of fair use is that it's periodic (to be clear, he didn't stipulate a fair use policy, that's my interpretation of what's right).
Thanks Dave. I know it isn't easy to do it. I appreciate your attempts to keep things as unified as you can. -- jim