Question re Death Ride of Das Reich

bennerc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In Death Ride of Das Reich each side has a sniper on each of the three boards. If a sniper is eliminated on one board, are snipers on the other two boards also eliminated?

In the game I played, an American kill sniper's closest target was the German sniper. As the German only has a SAN 2, that eliminated the sniper on that board. Does that lower the German SAN to 1 which causes all three snipers to be removed - an argument that is supported by the basic sniper rules. On the hand, the SSR seems pretty clear that what happens on one board does not affect the other two boards.

It wasn't clear to us what to do so I, being the German, removed all three German snipers. It didn't bother me much removing the snipers because on one board the German sniper had already recalled one of the American Shermans :devil: and I had the upper hand.

It's a fabulous scenario by the way.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am going to answer, but I am also going to forward the question to Chas.

According to the SBR, the sniper should remain in effect for the other two boards.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

In regards to bocage, we played it where all bocage was light bocage, the ssr was not very clear to included bounding fires bocage artwork.

Scott

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

In regards to bocage, we played it where all bocage was light bocage, the ssr was not very clear to included bounding fires bocage artwork.

Scott
That is definitely incorrect. The SBR is clear, stating "Hedges are Light Bocage (BtB 3)." - this says nothing about changing the interpretation of printed bocage which is found on all the boards, BFP C, D, and E.

Rule BtB 1 references printed Bocage, and states that all Bocage rules (B9) apply to it.

Rule BtB 3 says Light Bocage is only in effect by SBR, which in this scenario is used to make all Hedges play as Light Bocage.

Is that clear? ... crystal clear.

Sam

bennerc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is definitely incorrect. The SBR is clear, stating "Hedges are Light Bocage (BtB 3)." - this says nothing about changing the interpretation of printed bocage which is found on all the boards, BFP C, D, and E.

Rule BtB 1 references printed Bocage, and states that all Bocage rules (B9) apply to it.

Rule BtB 3 says Light Bocage is only in effect by SBR, which in this scenario is used to make all Hedges play as Light Bocage.

Sam
Good. That's how we played it. The bocage was thick and green with some brown, and the light bocage was the thinner' solid-green depictions . . . that look just like hedges. :)

colonel goofup

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance

Sam

Just realised that i played a bunch of those scenarios with the wrong rule.

No wonder some of those scenarios semmed so unbalanced :laugh::nuts:

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Questions on BFP-24 "Death Ride of Das Reich"

It seems clear that the scenario and Special Battle Rule #4 allows passengers/Riders in a convey overriding E11.3 which states that the passenger capacity is 0 PP. Can such a convoy in this scenario expend a stop point and unload its passengers and riders? Are the now dismounted units freed from any restrictions? This seems unclear to me as the rules for convoys do not seem clear on this point and other nuances that can come up in a game.

Secondly, I assume a MMC self rally is granted only on one board of this scenario, not on each board.
Thank you in advance!

CC: George Kelln, BFP.

Last edited:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Isnt this covered by E11.25?

Yes, standard overall one MMC self rally.

Chas