Playtesters Wanted!

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Are you an experienced playtester with too much time on your hands?

I have ten scenarios in various stages of playtesting for a pack that I would like to self-publish. I also have a couple of scenarios that I'd like to submit for the next ASL Journal and Special Ops.

1. The one for Special Ops is a Starter Kit scenario set in France during August 1944 that only uses components from Starter Kit 1. The scenario for the Journal uses part of the Elst map (Chas Argent made me do it. Or rather his "Dayan to Meet You" made me do it.), but is otherwise a standard ASL scenario set in Italy in September 1943.

2. The ten scenarios designed for a separate pack are all "early-war." Two feature Japanese, only one of which is PTO and the other a small night scenario. There is one, three-board DASL scenario with snow--the only winter scenario in the pack. The DASL scenario is also the biggest of the bunch and the only one with overlays. One scenario is DTO-light played on two board equivalents, another is "MTO," although essentially ETO in nature, and possibly the most popular. The remaining five scenarios are ETO, one of which has propa' OBA. In sum, one large scenario and nine smallish to mediumish sized, 5-7 turn scenarios, eight of which have AFV. Oh, and apart from the DASL and DTO scenarios, no scenario uses more than one-board equivalent.

Here is a little more info on the pack.

If interested in testing any of the above, please PM your email and I'll get back to you asap.

Once I am satisfied with a particular scenario in the 10-pack, I will post it on Sitrep as a free play.

Cheers,

Chris

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For those who have the time, I encourage you to playtest some of Chris’s scenarios. I have assisted him on some of the research and the proofreading of the scenario cards and playtested (solo) two of his scenarios—others have also contributed to playtesting already. These scenarios have been developed with a lot of care by Chris who is showing a distinct style in his scenario design. In short, what you will be asked to playtest are not half-baked, run-of-the-mill scenarios.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A little info on the scenarios for MMP:

Delta Force Ste–Maxime–sur–Mer, France, 15 August 1944 (14 German squads vs 18 US squads) 4.5 turns on board z.

Pass the PIAT West of Santa Lucia (south of Salerno), Italy 9 September 1943 (5.5 German squads and 10 AFV vs 16 British squads, 4 AFV and 4 6pdr with a twist) 6 turns on about a third of the Elst map (hexrows H-FF).

Last edited:

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For those who have the time, I encourage you to playtest some of Chris’s scenarios. I have assisted him on some of the research and the proofreading of the scenario cards and playtested (solo) two of his scenarios—others have also contributed to playtesting already. These scenarios have been developed with a lot of care by Chris who is showing a distinct style in his scenario design. In short, what you will be asked to playtest are not half-baked, run-of-the-mill scenarios.
Very kind of you to say so Monsieur. A lot to live up to. No pressure. ;)

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wish I was in a position to help. The descriptions are very interesting, and I would certainly purchase the pack.

As to SSRs, I am amused when people complain about too many of them. Has anyone noticed the rulebook is just a large collection of SSRs?

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wish I was in a position to help. The descriptions are very interesting, and I would certainly purchase the pack.

As to SSRs, I am amused when people complain about too many of them. Has anyone noticed the rulebook is just a large collection of SSRs?
Thanks for another vote of confidence. I'll be posting additional info/teasers in the coming months.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia

ROFL, they don't like to read that either.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Chris’ scenarios are top-notch. He’s also a very responsive pt coordinator, has great attention to detail, and does due diligence with his, and your, efforts. One of the elite designers out there.
Generous praise from a famed grognard, a seasoned, innovative designer who gave us "fat" boards. A top player to boot. I am none of these, but I welcome the encouragement and support all the same.

Thanks Gary!