Password problem?

Joao Lima

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Heya Guys,

I have a problem in VASL. I updated with version 5.8, then I noticed I could not see my own concealed units. A password issue I figured. I never really introduced any password in the previous version , but I noticed that VASL adds a default password, so I introduced it , and it was working. Now, without me changing anything , I'm back to the original issue. I cannot see my own concealed units.

Any help appreciated.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Heya Guys,

I have a problem in VASL. I updated with version 5.8, then I noticed I could not see my own concealed units. A password issue I figured. I never really introduced any password in the previous version , but I noticed that VASL adds a default password, so I introduced it , and it was working. Now, without me changing anything , I'm back to the original issue. I cannot see my own concealed units.

Any help appreciated.
You need to go into file->preferences and change your password to what it was before you upgraded.

Upgrading to 5.8 changed the password. Even if it looks like the same password (not sure if it did on mine or not) you need to go in and specifically enter it. Everybody who upgraded to 5.8 encountered this.

If you don't remember what your previous password, you are out of luck. I know of no way to recover without entering your original password as it was entered before. If anybody else knows how, I'd be interested in hearing how, just out of curiosity.

Joao Lima

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
You need to go into file->preferences and change your password to what it was before you upgraded.

Upgrading to 5.8 changed the password. Even if it looks like the same password (not sure if it did on mine or not) you need to go in and specifically enter it. Everybody who upgraded to 5.8 encountered this.
Ah, but that's the tricky bit. I've done that when I upgraded, and it worked, now, it's not working.

Joao Lima

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Well, I've reintroduced everything a number of times, and now it works, I've basically reintroduced the same thing as before... confusing to the extreme.

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
where a VASL-upgrade to v5.8.1 will require that you must re-enter your pw into your user-prefs - otherwise your VASL-game won't recognize your identity, what it is, is that a) VASL Concealment & HIP is tied to 'password', & b) the upgrade to VASL 5.8 involves a parallel upgrade to VASSAL 3.0, this upgrade can't parse your former username/pw from your existing prefs, so it's up to you to remember your existing pw & re-enter it to your user-prefs. It can prob'ly remember your user-name - but it won't/can't bring your username's pw along. So you must manually open your VASL prefs & re-enter your pw. Ughfortunately, if you don't know/can't remember your pw, there's no way to re-capture it, IOW, you're toasted.

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pick something you can remember.

I'm restarting a CG because of a re-install where my brother couldn't see his concealed units after getting VASL squared away again. He thought his password was blank, and tried a couple other things to no avail...

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I didn't even reinstall anything...

Today I was messing around with VASL and saw the outline of the password in the "edit preference" line and thought "that's one password I'll never remember - better change it to something familiar". Which I did.

Now I cannot see my own HIPs. And then I come here to pop a question on how to reset the password, finding this thread instead. What was the term used? "You're toast".

And officially an idiot.
NEVER touch something that actually works!

JM