Open Ground, Assault Movement, and Vehicles (oh my!)

bpickering

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question: A Concealed unit wants to use Assault Movement to enter an Open-Ground hex containing a friendly AFV (which Prepped, so will obviously NOT be moving this phase). Does the Concealed guy lose Concealment?

Brian Pickering

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question: A Concealed unit wants to use Assault Movement to enter an Open-Ground hex containing a friendly AFV (which Prepped, so will obviously NOT be moving this phase). Does the Concealed guy lose Concealment?

Brian Pickering
Nope.

As long as FFMO does not apply the unit will be able to maintain concealment. A concealed unit can even retain concealment if assault moving into open ground provided the only unit(s) that can see it are hindered.

However... if in open ground there are certain elements that are not dissuaded by concealment, such has OBA observers and planes.

JT

Last edited:

bpickering

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope.
As long as FFMNO does not apply the unit will be able to maintain concealment. A concealed unit can even retain concealment if assault moving into open ground provided the only unit(s) that can see it are hindered.
Yeah, I thought so, but I've been making so many lame rules-blotches lately, I thought it a good chance to ask.

However... if in open ground there are certain elements that are not dissuaded by concealment, such has OBA observers and planes.
He doesn't have any planes, and I would almost welcome drawing his OBA away from where they are harassing my other units... almost.

Anyway, good to hear- I've got a path into the F5 building on the RB map, now.

Brian