Off-board reinforcements which choose not to enter that turn

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see in RB it specifically states that:

CG9. REINFORCEMENTS: ...Units set up off-map that do not enter play that turn are Retained (SSR CG10), but may not longer enter for the remainder of that CG Day.​
The closest I can find in the VotG rules is:

CG10. RETAINED RG: Each RG, or part thereof, not entering-play/used during a CG scenario is still available for the next CG scenario...​
Was this just an oversight or can I assume units set up to enter but do not are still retained in VotG?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what you're asking...

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes units that set up to enter (during the RPh) but do not actually enter play during the MPh/APh of that turn are retained off board for a future CG date.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what you're asking...
If I setup an off-board reinforcement unit in a VotG CG scenario...and then choose not to enter them that turn...is that unit still retained for use in a later CG scenario?

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes units that set up to enter (during the RPh) but do not actually enter play during the MPh/APh of that turn are retained off board for a future CG date.
That's what I'm assuming...just found it a little (ASLRB) strange that it specifically states that in RB rules but does not do so in VotG rules.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
That's what I'm assuming...just found it a little (ASLRB) strange that it specifically states that in RB rules but does not do so in VotG rules.
did they change it in a reprint? CG10 on V6 (below) which seems to say exactly what you're saying isn't there...

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I wonder the SSR CG9 in Chapter O was updated in the 2nd Edition rules - because I think Chapter V was based on the 1st Edition rules.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
So, why bother setting the units up when they aren't entering in the first place?
I guess CG10 doesn't state you setup.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, why bother setting the units up when they aren't entering in the first place?
I guess CG10 doesn't state you setup.
Ummm...maybe because the tactical situation didn't develop the way you had expected/desired?