Not Cleveland but Damascus....

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You'll be fine. Just stay polite and respectful - for instance asking for alcohol or pork might not be taken as polite or respectful...........unless you are in a bar?

Looking forward to the next pack.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
T.E. Lawrence: I'm to "assess the situation".
Colonel Brighton: Hmph! Well that won't be too difficult. The situation's bloody awful.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Actually, Cleveland may
I love a succinct report. ?
Saw Steamer
Strafed Same
Sank Same
Some Sight
Signed Smith

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Actually, Cleveland may

Saw Steamer
Strafed Same
Sank Same
Some Sight
Signed Smith

That's one nice piece of illeteration.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Damascus is fantastic. Well, it was before.

The one tip I have is if you're there over Christmas, just look for the restaurants that have Christmas decorations up. They also sell beer.

If you ever visit Qalaat Salah a din I buried some morphine and a copy of Busen Memo there about 15 years ago. If you need....

Good luck.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't leave my country without a gun and a uniform, except to visit Canada, but I admire people who think peace has a chance. Safe travels.
Actually leaving one's country without a gun and a uniform now and then might do a great deal to avoid having to leave it with them.

Just sayin'... ;)

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

just a quick personal moment of reflection.....in my diary for 2020 upcoming Saturday was the day Chris and I would fly from Halifax to Cleveland for 9 days of fun and games at ASLOK, combined with the launch of our second Death To Fascism scenario pack.

What a joy that would have been.

Instead, Saturday will now be the day I am due to arrive in Damascus, Syria for 3 months of humanitarian work (after nearly a year of unintended unemployment). I am departing Canada tomorrow and travel via Beirut, Lebanon. I hope things will work out well, although I dread the travel conditions of these sickening times. And then we will see about Damascus and everything that goes on in Syria, which is no longer world news.

Hopefully the world will be a saner place come October 2021, so we might meet again in Cleveland.
Be safe and well and remember VASL when you need some fun and sanity in your life! Good luck, I hope your good intentions play out as you hope and you bring a little kindness to a region that could use some, Vic. :)