Madmen Cometh, July 26-28 2019, Singapore

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lots of good spots near here once you are in the general time zone. Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia.....

Doesn't have to be an expensive trip either.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are some affordable options in good areas.

Fragrance Hotel
(Selegie or Bugis locations) About 45 minutes to the gaming location by train/walk, 15 minutes taxi.
https://www.fragrancehotel.com/hotel/fragrance-hotel-selegie

Arcadia Hotel (Little India)
About 45 minutes to the gaming location by train/walk, 15 minutes by taxi.
https://au.hotels.com/ho573479/arcadia-hotel-singapore-singapore/

ZEN Rooms Joo Chait (Gaylang)
Again, about 45 minutes to the gaming location by train/walk, 15 minutes by taxi
https://www.zenrooms.com/hotel/14/zen-rooms-joo-chiat-singapore-6914

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Here are some affordable options in good areas.

Fragrance Hotel
(Selegie or Bugis locations) About 45 minutes to the gaming location by train/walk, 15 minutes taxi.
https://www.fragrancehotel.com/hotel/fragrance-hotel-selegie

Arcadia Hotel (Little India)
About 45 minutes to the gaming location by train/walk, 15 minutes by taxi.
https://au.hotels.com/ho573479/arcadia-hotel-singapore-singapore/

ZEN Rooms Joo Chait (Gaylang)
Again, about 45 minutes to the gaming location by train/walk, 15 minutes by taxi
https://www.zenrooms.com/hotel/14/zen-rooms-joo-chiat-singapore-6914
Thanks mate..i will check them out!

Cheers

sneo

Singapore ASL'er
Reaction score
Country
llSingapore
Hi folks, some suggestions from a local for people travelling to SG.

Folks who want a good budget hotel near train station should look for hotels near Farrer MRT station (The Claremont) or Paya Lebar MRT station (Zen Hotel Geylang, Aqueen Hotel Paya Lebar). Unfortunately most hotels are near the city area which mean travel is required to reach the tourney location.

I suggest hotels near Paya Lebar station as it does not require changing of train lines. Each train stop is approximately 2min apart from each other and it is 7 stops to Marymount. Stopping one station early at Bishan station is probably not advisable for folks unfamiliar in navigating around housing estates. Train ride is the cheapest and takes 15mins, afterwhich a good walk of 10mins is needed to reach Swords and Stationary.

Marymount station is also near another FLGS, Gamersaurus Rex, at Thomson (also 10-15mins walk). Feel free to reach out to me if you need a guide to navigating around as Google Maps may sometimes not pick the optimal route.

Earl_8minus0

Reaction score
First name
Earl
Country
llSouth Korea
Hello

Just got confirmation this week from HouseHold6 that I am cleared to spend the week with you guys.

I have already made my airline reservations - will arrive 24 July about 16:55.

So will be interested in knowing if the local tour package is till an option - would like to take in the sights.

Will work on hotel plans the next few days.

Anyone already have a room they want to share?

If not once I make my reservations anyone want to share the cost?

Let me know as it would be nice to share the adventure of getting around and getting lost with someone.

Later,

Earl

PS: I leave 29 July (00:10) so anyone local with time after we close down would be nice to spend time with as well.

Last edited:

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Earl,

That is great news and I am sure you will have a great time. I think we can stay later on Sunday at the facility, so you might be able to get an extra game in if you like (really enjoyed FrF098 tonight and there are other goodies on the alternative list). Pretty sure I and some others could be talked into a beer after wrapping up the tournament if that is better for your schedule too.

Roll low when you play Alan or Aaron!

As for the tour package, Aaron is taking care of that I believe, but I will be helping out as needed on the ground here. Details will get fleshed out and we will update here and on the wordpress site.

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just sent email for registration and made paypal payment.

Looking to arrive the evening of Wed 24th July, go on the battlefield tour on the 25th and depart Singapore around lunchtime on Mon 29th.

will ahve a look at hotels over the next few weeks

Cheers
Jon

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at options for a social dinner in Little India the night before the tournament. The sightseeing + Indian Curry + beers would be a good way to start things off and prices are pretty reasonable there and the food is good if you avoid the tourist spots.

Might also look into a night out on Sunday, but that sounds like it will be a little late for you Jon.

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Looking at options for a social dinner in Little India the night before the tournament. The sightseeing + Indian Curry + beers would be a good way to start things off and prices are pretty reasonable there and the food is good if you avoid the tourist spots.

Might also look into a night out on Sunday, but that sounds like it will be a little late for you Jon.
A night out on the Sunday is fine by me. I won't have to be at the airport until 0900-0930 on the Monday, so as long as I don't make it too big a night, all would be good :)

Cheers
Jon

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A night out on the Sunday is fine by me. I won't have to be at the airport until 0900-0930 on the Monday, so as long as I don't make it too big a night, all would be good :)

Cheers
Jon
Any chance of getting some more Western Australian souls to come Jon?

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The more the merrier and with the group competition, everyone has a good chance to come home a winner!

How many Australians does it take to make an ASL tournament truly great? 2 for every Kiwi plus 4 for each American? Some other formula that is more accurate?

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Looking at options for a social dinner in Little India the night before the tournament. The sightseeing + Indian Curry + beers would be a good way to start things off and prices are pretty reasonable there and the food is good if you avoid the tourist spots...
Jaggi's (on Racecourse Road) butter chicken cannot be beat.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Khansama or Dehli work better for me. A lot has changed, so you best come visit and defend your title (and your favorite curry). :D