M2 60mm Mortar ammo availability dates.

skarper

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi - No rule book any more - I did own one long ago but it has passed out of my hands now.

I understand the M2 60mm could fire HE, WP and IR during WW2 - but only HE was available in Normandy.

When did the WP and IR become available? I know it's on the back of the counter but I don't have them any more either!

Hoping someone can help with what the rules say and what the reality was if this was different...

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The 5 next to WP7 indicates the availability in 1945.

skarper

Reaction score
Country
ll
Much appreciated. Thanks. I did look in VASL but it did not have the ammo info on the reverse of the counters.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Much appreciated. Thanks. I did look in VASL but it did not have the ammo info on the reverse of the counters.
The Ctrl-I (or the contextual menu, under Information) lists the indications on the reverse of the counter.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In VASL, click on the MTR counter to open the context menu. Then select 'Show Info' from the list. Works for all Guns and Vehicles and will show you special ammo and other things.

Edit:
Just ninja'ed by Robin...

von Marwitz

skarper

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ah - I knew there was a way but could not find it. I downloaded VASL just to check but have deleted it now - I never play ASL now.