Journal 2 Reprint IS HAPPENING

Psuderman

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
From Brian Youse on CSW:

Journal #2 is going to be reprinted, assuming it hits P#, with a retail price of $50 and a P# price of $37.50. It will be slightly shorter than the original, removing three advertisements and the Comprehensive Rout example since its in the rulebook.

It will be printed at the same time as VotG, assuming J2 hits of course, because the countersheet print run is not sufficiently large to run by itself.

We have not put it on P# yet since it may hit immediately and we do not wish to stir up yet more "gee, when's it gonna see print" posts.

When the VoTG counters are nearly ready (i'm hopeful that the latest batch of fixes goes out for proofing this weekend) it'll be put on P#.
Enjoy!

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Um... He doesn't actually say it's going to be reprinted. He says it will be "assuming it hits it's P#".

Also unsaid is what the P# will be.

But, it will probably be printed. A good thing, I think. :p

Watson

Resident of Gondwana
Reaction score
That is wonderful news. Let's hope it happens soon.

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
He thinks it will hit immediately...I think he EXPECTS it to hit P# immediately. I believe he said the P# will be about 500. There is a whole thread on this topic a few weeks ago where he made multiple posts discussing this product. Just search for Journal 2 reprinting. This consimworld post was to back up a post I actually made about the printing of OOP journals where people did not believe it. I guess the news never made it over to that forum.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was the countersheet in J2 the one with the missprinted counters (Japanese with incorrect morale IIRC)? If so, will the new J2 countersheet fix these counter errata issues? (or is it just going to use the same printing plate from the old version)?

I'll preorder if it has errata-free (corrected) counters.

McFinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes,

Corporal Kindel has a great question, does anyone know if the new counters will correct the errata found in their first printing?

McFinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, It will increase the collectiblity factor of the original J2 counters :D

The collectiblity factor would go down if the market is flooded with hoards of new (erreoneous J2 counters) :laugh:

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
"The magazine will include one and a half countersheets, errors fixed; hopefully none introduced. :smile:"

Page 7 from the original J2 Reprint thread straight from byouse. You should really check out that thread. It explains everything, multiple posts by Brian so NO speculation, in particular his response from page 7 (where the quote is from) shows exactly what will be in the reprint.

Barber

Official Mila 18 Dork
Reaction score
Well I don't want to see J2 reprinted. :angry:

I still haven't sold mine on ebay yet. Doesn't Brian realize what he has just done to the price. :mad:

Jeff "I always lose at Monopoly" Barber

SgtStahler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well Jeff I am going to assume you are kidding. If so, insert requisite "ha ha" here, and ignore the rest of this post.

If not, *WHATEVER MAN* That is *exactly* the attitude that us newer guys HATE. It's elitist and lame, and it *ought* to be self-evident that collectors item prices on ebay ARE NOT GOOD FOR THE HOBBY dammit!!

"Doesn't Brian realize what he has just done to the price"

Presumably yes. He has made it affordable so that people who were not able to purchase J2 new can actually obtain it without being price gouged by greedy pricks selling their stuff on ebay...

The whole "not everyone can own a classic car" analogy/argument in this debate really gets my blood boiling - these items are NOT classic cars!

OK, rant completed. Please continue with your regularly scheduled broadcast...

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
From Brian Youse on CSW:

Enjoy!
Cool thanks Paul!!!

How about Journal #1...I would love to get that as well..these are the only two journals that I'm missing. Well I red the consim world forum and looks like Journal #1 is being considered as well....cool stuff!!!

Last edited:

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What new counters are in VOTG? Besides the NKVD. Any new vehicles?

L'Emperor

WorldConquest, In40mChunks
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
AWESOME! The only 'official' ASL item I don't have an 'offical' copy of. I'm in and REALLY excited.

It's giving me a chubby! :lier:

Does that make me a hard core gamer?

I need to get a life...

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The whole "not everyone can own a classic car" analogy/argument in this debate really gets my blood boiling - these items are NOT classic cars!
Actually the classic car analogy fits just fine, its merely a matter of money so it seems like it doesn't fit.

Why would you feel entitled to a Journal 2 any more than you would feel entitled to a 1969 Mustang? Because it costs less to produce???

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, and why is this a surprise here? Didn't pretty much all of this get posted in the earlier J2 thread?

Having a deja vu moment....

SGT_Mac

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Brian-

I have J2 already but many thanks to you and your company in their endeavor to help the FnG's around here.

BTW, when is VotG's going to ship? July?

Tango Mike

Vince