Japanese unit about to exit a tunnel in the Advance phase - but the exit hex is rubbled before it can exit.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I am not sure the tunnel entrance is gone...I'd wait for the Q&A respone. I don't think the situation was considered when the rule were written back in 85.
ITs not gone but not sure it can be used until the rubble is cleared.

If it can be used...with 3 levels of rubble on it....Hmmmmm no so realistic.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
6.21. All Trench “connections” (SSR RF6), Manholes, and Tunnel entrances/exits “open into” only the RF Cellar level if it exists in that hex [EXC: if the ground level above the RF Cellar has been Rubbled; 6.6];

This reflects that if even the cellar is there...the tunnels go to the cellar but if the RUBBLE above it...it destroys the tunnel.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
6.21. All Trench “connections” (SSR RF6), Manholes, and Tunnel entrances/exits “open into” only the RF Cellar level if it exists in that hex [EXC: if the ground level above the RF Cellar has been Rubbled; 6.6];

This reflects that if even the cellar is there...the tunnels go to the cellar but if the RUBBLE above it...it destroys the tunnel.
If the ground-level Location above an RF Celler is rubbled, any tunnel entrances in the RF Cellar Location is still there. It's only destroyed if the RF Cellar Location itself is rubbled.

O6.6:
"Trenches no longer “connect” to a RF Cellar Location if the ground-level Location above it has been rubbled, though a tunnel entrance/exit and Manhole are unaffected."

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
If the ground-level Location above an RF Celler is rubbled, any tunnel entrances in the RF Cellar Location is still there. It's only destroyed if the RF Cellar Location itself is rubbled.

O6.6:
"Trenches no longer “connect” to a RF Cellar Location if the ground-level Location above it has been rubbled, though a tunnel entrance/exit and Manhole are unaffected."
So, that allows the "Unaccessible" location(nontunnel access) to still count as a Building location for VC purposes.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So, that allows the "Unaccessible" location(nontunnel access) to still count as a Building location for VC purposes.
What do you mean by ' "Unaccessible" location(nontunnel access) ' ?

If the ground-level above an RF Cellar Location has been rubbled and there is a stairwell in the hex - movement between the ground-level Location and the RF Cellar Location is still possible, per B24.4.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Did not get a reply - I was waiting to see if it came out in the Journal Q&A. Looking at jnl13 just now there is no Q&A only errata.......

I'll resend to MMP.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just as an aside G15.21 of the bulldozer rules sez this about clearing a tunnel entrance:

[EXC: if a tunnel with another existing exit connects to
that pillbox and is usable by its occupants, they (excluding Guns) are placed
offboard (in the proper Cloaking Box if applicable) beneath a Sewer counter;
in their next APh they must exit the tunnel as per B8.61].

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Perry very kindly replied:

The Japanese unit can Advance out [EXC: if a rubbled RF Cellar, it would be eliminated].

....Perry
MMP

So my Japanese units would have survived - good to know.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Have you cross posted both question and reply to the Perry Sez folder? It make Klas' life much easier when collating.