Ideas from The Last Hundred Yards

chief2000

Reaction score
Having purchased and played LHY, I was just wondering if anyone thought that the initiative and coordination rules might be suitable for adapting to ASL. Seems to me an easy add-on without ruining the elegance and realism of the system. Comments, anyone?

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not a topic cop: I remembered being interested in TLHY when it was in development and I actually may have an early version of the rules somewhere. Never got to far as i recall, but, in all honesty, it's was meant as a be suggestion for you to explore if interested...or not.

I, too, wished for an brief explanation of what the OP was thinking, but left it for another day to explore myself.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I would be willing to replace SASL’s rules so I have less individual unit rolls to make. And I would be willing to implement them into the standard game.

I’m not big on altering rules. The only heresy I subscribe to is adding a RoF dice. But still the fundamental problem with ASL is perfect command and control. If there would exist a streamlined (meaning something besides rolling for each unit) way to limit your moves, I would definitely consider implementing it.

gorkowskij

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although ASL lacks a rule titled “Command and Control” it has many rules that reflect command and control issues. Examples include: breaking, berserk, concealment, cowering, pinning, platoon movement, road bonus, routing (especially when properly implemented), straying, weapon malfunction, reduced MP for inexperienced infantry, and a remedy to all with leadership presence – to name a few. Keep in mind that ASL is a “bottom up” depiction of the battlespace rather than a “top down” depiction in which a rule titled command and control would be more appropriate.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I’m always going to think of it is a minor complaint anyways. One thing I’m not going to do is use the SASL rules because that’s just a bigger time waster in a game that already has a problem with too many pauses for rules references. It’s not the reason I like to have opponents.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Not something that is needed to be added, feel free to use as a house rule, it would change the playability of the 8,000 scenarios out there and battlefield Integrity could be used instead, although not many people are interested in using that either……