I was watching a 1930 movie last night called The Big House

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A prison riot breaks out, the prisoners overwhelm the guards and take their Thompsons. The guards defend the gates with water-cooled HMGs. Then the Warden says bring in the Tanks.

Hmmm, 1930, what tanks could they use?

Any guesses?

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Something left over from WW I I would think, maybe a Renault or the Mk VIII Liberty tank. Seems like a big sledgehammer to crack a prison riot nut, though...

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Everyone always deep down knew and they still know how tonks are needed in war as an ultimate equalizer.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please tell me the tank commander displays extraordinary heroism by climbing out and walking up to talk Peace to the Rebel Commander, only to discover they're long-lost brothers, at which point All Is Forgiven and a Dance Party breaks out.

THAT would be a movie.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please tell me the tank commander displays extraordinary heroism by climbing out and walking up to talk Peace to the Rebel Commander, only to discover they're long-lost brothers, at which point All Is Forgiven and a Dance Party breaks out.

THAT would be a movie.
... but then he double crosses him and the tanks break out into their own ‘dance party’.