humble v6.6.8 request - PF counters for all ranges

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Not as beautiful as the others...but....Simplistically...

O43-M44 would save a couple spaces on APBILLS

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
With that said, any particular rules to be used by Axis Minor countries? Would you consider them inexperienced? Do they get a TH penalty? these are things an SSR would need to address, but if I am going to make the counters they will just use Axis minor colors with no changes and the SSR can address those particulars.
View attachment 28417
Many thanks for having a look at this!

Rule for Finnish use is A25.76
Romanian and Hungarian A25.85

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many thanks for having a look at this!

Rule for Finnish use is A25.76
Romanian and Hungarian A25.85
I completely forgot about that section of the rulebook. I think the image below shows the correct month/year for each nationality. The Romanians get the two version counter. Let me know if I made a mistake.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am fine with adding new variable range PF counters to the German and SS tabs in VASL. They will be in 668 when it releases next month. As for the captured ones, and for another other captured SW, I fear mass proliferation here. I suggest that we keep those for an extension. There are those in our community who have never met a counter they didn't like but the VASL counter tray does not need to be home to them all.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I am fine with adding new variable range PF counters to the German and SS tabs in VASL. They will be in 668 when it releases next month. As for the captured ones, and for another other captured SW, I fear mass proliferation here. I suggest that we keep those for an extension. There are those in our community who have never met a counter they didn't like but the VASL counter tray does not need to be home to them all.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
How about the Finnish, Hungarian and Romanian counters? These are part of the official rules as perA25.76 & A25.85. I think the apbills counters above are conforming with rules as they are now.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
How about the Finnish, Hungarian and Romanian counters? These are part of the official rules as perA25.76 & A25.85. I think the apbills counters above are conforming with rules as they are now.
Agree that Finns, Hungarians, and Romanians should be included in VASL.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m liking the SVG text in these. Looks crisp and clear.
In my efforts to do the captured SW counters I needed something to allow for slightly smaller text that was legible. Since I was learning svg I went that way. I have been very pleased with the results. I also like the ability to make a better image for some of the weapons (for me just the LATW) so they are not just a thick line with the shading that needs your mind to fill in the missing information.

I also agree with @DougRim regarding the proliferation of counters. I see no need for captured SW counters in the main module. I have them in an extension since the main time you need them is in a campaign game where you are starting the scenario with some of these SW. In addition, they are not from any official product, so leaving them in an extension is the path I am taking. You usually start those scenarios with all your units concealed. I think the hobby has moved towards the smaller sized scenarios so I don't think the majority of the players would even use those counters. If you are into the large campaigns, you can just add the extension (available on the vasl.info site for download ***not the captured SW yet, they are in v4 coming soon)

Last edited: