Huh?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't you love it when a corporate exec doesn't know what the heck he is talking about?

Google Pitches a Web-Centric Future

To illustrate the kind of rich Web app that will appear in the store, Terry McDonell, managing editor of Sports Illustrated, demonstrated the magazine’s Web application — a “tightly edited, curated, free, open, social, searchable take on sports that you can customize for yourself.”

“It should be easy to create and sell a premium application on the Web,” said Sundar Pichai, vice president for product management at Google. “It turns out it’s much easier on a mobile phone to go find a chess game, where its very hard to find a chess game on the Web.”
Won't someone help me find a chess game on the web! :hissyfit::nuts:

Lurker

Reaction score
I guess to understand that comment you would have to know what was rattling around in his universe at the time. It doesn't make much sense to me either.

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Speaking of finding games on the web. I just went to open seeks at chess.com. I found two games with 13 day moves and accepted the games. Then i found out the person i am playing currently has 52 open games. I immeadiatly started rubbing my hands together. This person will never finish all these games, and i'll walk away with two victories after less than 8 to 10 moves in each game as they forfeit games. Yes, this is how i pad my win-lose record. Its like a boxer choosing to fight bums so they end up 32 and 0 or something.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just won a game on time, too. I'll take the points! :) What makes me laugh is that they all act like your opponent: they create more games than they can possibly handle and then lose most of them on time. I wonder if there is some sort of scam here...maybe a deliberate attempt to deflate their rating?