Heatofbattle.com?????

skye88

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Is the website gone or just having trouble?

When I go to www.heatofbattle.com I get a suggested search page, but the site seems to be on a mirror site here

http://gator921.hostgator.com/~ap88ll/index.php

What's up?
Yup.. Dead as a doornail...
I guess someone forgot to pay the bill...

Just looked up who owns the heatofbattle.com domain... It's :

Knipp Hostmaster (COCO-8485101 ) hostmaster@knipp.de
Knipp Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
Dortmund , NRW 44227

I have a feeling Heat Of Battle has an issue.......

Last edited:

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In another thread within the Unofficial Company Support Forum for HOB, it appears that the new website will be HeatofBattlegames.com.

skye88

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
In another thread within the Unofficial Company Support Forum for HOB, it appears that the new website will be HeatofBattlegames.com.
Why not forward the old URL to the new?
The old one is indexed by a lot of customers and search engines.

Would be a waste to miss bussiness this way I guess...

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why not forward the old URL to the new?
The old one is indexed by a lot of customers and search engines.

Would be a waste to miss bussiness this way I guess...

Send your suggestion to Sam Tyson.

He is a member of this forums and the Central Texas ASL community.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The new domain name is now activated and everything is back to normal for the web site.

It does suck that the original domain name (heatofbattle.com) was not well cared for, and now it has to be changed to the new one (heatofbattlegames.com). It is actually a better name, since it does give more meaning to the business.

The previous domain name was registered with a company in Germany while the web site was in the capable hands of Klaus Fischer. I took over the content management from Klaus long ago, but since the domain and hosting was set up we never transferred any of the information. Any information announcing the expiration of heatofbattle.com went unread since it was going to an unknown (to me at least) email address.

The web site had a few service problems earlier this year, so I had set up a new hosting site for the content, and was automatically redirecting users to the new location. The new hosting company has been very reliable, and linking the new domain name to it was an easy process. I could not reach the German hosting company to update the name servers - even with Klaus trying to reach them from within Germany.

Hopefully our tight-nit ASL community can help spread the word about the name change via email, posts, tweets, etc. HOB is still in business, but did not want to rely on getting the original name back before getting the web site running again for the customers.

Thanks,

Sam