Global ASL Ladder Challenges & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi Mark,

I'd like to join the ladder. Preferred method of play is VASL live with skype, no PBEM please.

Thanks
Björn

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bob Zinselmeyer challenges John Lehman to ASL 170, 11th Company Counterattack. John will attack with his Finns in an attempt to dislodge my Russians from the bridgehead.
My Russians held on and delayed successfully against John's Finns and he just ran out of time. I really fun scenario, well balanced per ROAR. A good candidate for the Sunday morning round of a tournament. I look forward to another game against John in the future, great opponent. :toast:

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Open ladder challenge for Friday afternoon, 3/25/16... Lurking in vasl. -Damon

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Today was a good ASL day for me, getting to post 2 wins vs very gracious opponents.

In the first my Germans were able to defend a tiny chunk of Tunisia vs the attacking Allies led by Tim Hundsdorfer in J-167: Hart Attack. Lots of crazy stuff happened here, but a timely CC took out a rampaging Grant which seemed to tip the scales.

In the other, my attacking Germans managed to penetrate into the village defended by Frank Tozier's KV-1 bolstered Russians in AP-41: The Meat Grinder. Lots of luck here for me, such as a 152 shell bouncing off a tank. That, as they say, probably left a mark.

2-0 with still the evening to go! Look for you in VASL ...

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
I forgot to report a LOSS that occurred yesterday -- although I was so disgustingly wiped out that I feel Jeff Wasserman might have not even considered it a game! However, please put down that my attacking Americans lost to Jeff's defending Germans in J178. It turned out to be a hard scen for the Americans, methinks, but am willing to try this one again any time.

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Just looked outside and there was a big bunny in my yard . . . must be Easter! Time for an Easter Sunday ladder match .... any takers, I am lurking in VASL. -Damon

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
My personal Spring Break ASL tournament continued yesterday as I finished two short playings of RPT-72: Yangtze Doodle with Rob Arrieta. I managed to win as the attacking Japanese vs his defending Chinese. This seemed easy in spite of my ham-handed attempts at strategy. So we decided on a rematch and I took the Chinese defenders and managed to win with them as well, although it took a 6.5 or so dice average and a brutal snakes in CC to do it. Great games nonetheless -- this scenario is appealingly "puzzlely" but I would strongly advocate the Japanese.

In other news I began a playing of J-178: Old Friends with Miguel Guererro, and again i am getting my butt kicked at the attacking Americans vs. his defending Germans. This scenario annoys me to no end, as I can't seem to get past the choke points. I will probably keep playing this one again and again until I figure out the secret to the Amis, although I think wading the stream early fits in somehow.

pipiol

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Angel Gonzalez challenged Sergio Puente (and I accepted) to a game of ESG71 Obliteration. Angel defends with americans against my japanese attackers.

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
My extremely lucky streak continues as I managed to win a game of J165: Among the Dead, with the attacking Germans vs. Jeff Wasserman's defending Allied troops. This seems like a nice return to the Crete battlefield featuring mixed Allied troops and German paratroops with a lot of stark ground to cover. Because of the British defense positions in the hills, I took an oblique approach, which I feared my have been too slow. I got lucky against the reinforcing British tanks, and was able to keep the attack moving just enough. If even one tank had survived with its 10 mg factors, it could have been a different game. Worth the replay -- I think the first couple turns are really important -- Germans could just run right at them with the 8 ML, but obviously that could go south real quick. Hard to tell which is the best wway to handle this for both sides. The mark of a good scenario!

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Last edited:

Vrosso

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
V Rosso to challenge D Norko to Hart Attack. I will defend against Damon's mixed attacking force

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
My defending Hungarians fell to the attacking Russians of Paul Shaeffer in PB-7: Piece of Cake. A good old classic scenario, hard for either side. I had a very balky 10-2 leader who failed on his first MC. Good game!

Status
Not open for further replies.