From Night to Day - Cloaked counters during MPh

MagpieMartin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
First time playing with the Night Rules - into the daylight section of the Kreta OM campaign. I am the scenario defender, so as my opponent continues to move still cloaked units, do I treat them as 'normal' concealed units ? If so, do they revert to normal MF allotment ( not cloaked 6 MF) . Playing pbem, there is the added hassle of not being able to reveal my opponent's units as they move into LOS, etc.
I can't find any specific RB ruling to say that cloaked units are automatically converted to Concealed, when transitioning from Night to Day.
Any comments?
Martin

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The norm in PBEM is to have your VASL settings as "let opponent reveal concealed units" as a time saver, however, one can just stop the log when a unit should lose concealment, and then return control to the opponent for the reveal.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The regular rules do not cover Night changing to Day. The Kreta campaign should have included something. If it did not, you need to discuss with your opponent how to handle. My view is that the cloaks would become concealed stacks with the usual daytime MF allotment.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Cloaked counters can exist in Daytime only by SSR. They can exist in many CGs as reserve units are cloaked. I would treat them as concealed but with the normal gain or always 6 mf but the penalty of dm SW. Of course, as it's no longer night, they will lose their concealment very rapidly.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As per E1.4 "A Cloaking counter is a "?" of any nationality not in play, and has all the characteristics of a "?" plus certain special benefits. Cloaked units are always concealed, but concealed units are not necessarily Cloaked. All rules pertaining to "?" apply to Cloaking counters except as specified otherwise herein." I would tend to agree that Cloaked units [EXC: Reserves designated as retaining a modified Cloaking status and addressed in SSRs for that CG/Scenario] would become concealed units even though the rules do not specifically address this situation. One would hope that the designer would address this special case even though I believe there's enough circumstantial wording in the rules to support that conclusion. JMHO