first fire markers

grumbler

Reaction score
Country
ll
Didn't there used to be a first/final/prep fire on the right click drop down menu for units?

cheers
david

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was not in V4 and is not in V5. I don't recall if there was one in V3, but my inclination is that there was not. I did not discover VASL until the latter gestation of V3 and can't respond to earlier versions.

:cool:

cthulhugeek

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So there is no quick way to mark a counter as prep fired, first fired, etc..? I am using VASL to play SASL and love it, but that was one annoying thing I found was having to open the item box and grab those counters. ANy quicker way to do it? hmm.. maybe I can have them out on the perimeter of the board and clone them? Did not think of that.

Don

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I normally leave the counter box open to the general tab anyhow. It costs some screen space but I'm used to it.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Somethings VASL does much better than the cardboard version. Throwing on and removing counters is not a drop down, but still pretty easy. IFP first fire, SW first fire, remove all ..., VASL is slicker than two eels in a bucket of sn#t.

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm almost positive there was a drop down for DF markers toward the end of versions of VASL v3.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I'm almost positive there was a drop down for DF markers toward the end of versions of VASL v3.
You can always go back to earlier versions of VASL from the download page....just to determine just what options were available on what pull-down menus?

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
there's a right-click menu on the FirstFire ctr itself
- ctrl-F flip from D1F to DFF
- ctrl-S cycle thru D1F to D1F/IFP to D1F/SW
- ctrl-K Clone
- ctrl-D Delete

that the top 4 ctrs in the Unit > Fire Def tray are all the same ctr, displaying its different modes.

the D1F ctr in the Unit > Basic tray is also the same, but has a ctrl-H HIP cmd added.

so when you needs another DF ctr, you can just clone an existing one from the map & give it ctrl-F/S as needed, if it's not currently convenient to grab one from the tray.

Last edited:

hershmeister

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it woudl be great if the counter tray could be "floating" versus locked in to the top left corner - now that would be coool!

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it woudl be great if the counter tray could be "floating" versus locked in to the top left corner - now that would be coool!
Where have you been? Just delselect the combined application window option and all windows are floating.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only problem with a floating window is that you have to put it in a clear spot. I put mine in the lower right corner of my screen with a letter box display.

harryhood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use a little program called "nail it" that you can tell Windows which
window you want to stay on top of the others. In Linux with KDE,
you can define individual window behavior for this function.