Falling Skies

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Battle: Los Angeles has put me in the mood for some more alien invasion stories. :) The next one up is TNT's Falling Skies. Noah Wyle, Capt. Dale Dye, and Spielberg's TV production team...that's a whole lot of FAIL in one show, so I am not optimistic. I expect this to start off on a good first step and then degenerate into soap opera plot lines, silly action sequences and dwindling CGI effects - i.e., your basic TV series. Still, here's hoping:

[video=youtube;SjroVVhe8G0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjroVVhe8G0[/video]

Anybody interested?

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Watched the premier last night and really enjoyed it. (Disclaimer: I am a sucker for any kind of post-apoc story) I to hope they don't focus to much on drama and spend more time on survival/resistance like last night. The concept is very interesting and I like that the main character is a History Professor with an interest in Military history.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I missed it (I forgot it was on!). Based on your comments, it sounds worthwhile. I'm gonna check to see if I can find it on VoD or the 'net.

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
I missed it (I forgot it was on!). Based on your comments, it sounds worthwhile. I'm gonna check to see if I can find it on VoD or the 'net.

I don't pretend to know you that well Scott but I've notice we do have some similar tastes and I think you will like the show if not just for the concept and the places they could go with the story. I hope you can find it online Im interested to see what you think. (btw I think they are replaying it once or twice during the week late at night?)

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I could only make it through the first hour. Too slow, too many Hyundai commercials. Lizard bugs? Walker robots? Really? Formulaic and cliche. Oh, and Speilberg's smarmy touch with the kids. Fail!

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have it DVRd, based on the recommendation from one of the guys in my Axis and Allies group.

Saw the 1st 20 minutes--looks good.....

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know what it is with TV, but I just really can't watch it anymore. I think BSG pretty much ruined me for other TV shows....I wish they hadn't ended that one.

Looked forward to Falling Skies, saw the commercials during the NBA playoffs, and had high hopes. Two episodes in and I deleted it from my DVR. I was so bored.

I will take a mediocre movie over highly anticipated TV any day of the week.