Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
In a game recently, my opponent wondered if SMC were entitled to the HOB DRM for Elite.

Someone had put the doubt in him by pointing out that A1.11 states that SMC are elite. A1.25 states that squad/HS have a class of Elite, 1st Line, etc.

Note also that A1.123 states Infantry crew counters are always considered elite troops.

A15 lists the HOB DRM: -1 Elite, British, Finnish (each). In fact, all the DRM words (e.g., Inexperienced) are capitalized.

In searching the rule book, I saw the terms elite and Elite used often. I could not detect the pattern.

What do you think?

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've always liked the intro to HOB.

"15.1 HEAT OF BATTLE: The cauldron of battle, which destroyed so many
units that failed the test of arms, could also forge better soldiers and/or acts
of desperation borne of heroism or despair."

I can identify with the " desperation borne of ... despair" part.

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Every once in a while, I pull this photo to remember that even in the face of adversity . . . Dinant, after their first player turn on board: two amazing max. range French ATR shots through orchards and three malfs in quick succession. Per my calculations, the odds of winning the lottery are a little worse than rolling five boxcars in a row. Well, I was 3/5ths of my way there. Ha.

Last edited:

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Every once in a while, I pull this photo to remember that even in the face of adversity . . . Dinant, after their first player turn on board: two amazing max. range French ATR shots through orchards and three malfs in quick succession. Per my calculations, the odds of winning the lottery are a little worse than rolling five boxcars in a row. Well, I was 3/5ths of my way there. Ha.

View attachment 28471
HAHA... I have had my days like that. but man, that makes me feel A LOT better. I'm going to blow that up image and have it framed in my game room. It'll be a Rally bonus to my psyche when I self-destruct with dice!