Do you play any ACW games?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Just bought my third game of the Gettysburg battle. I now have Last Chance For Victory, The Three Days Of Gettysburg and a Most Fearful Sacrifice. Sincerely hoping that I get a chance to put them on the table one day. I'm not a huge ACW gaming fan, but would like to try it. Do you ever participate in this genre?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I only play Battle Hymn (Compass Games) which covers Pea Ridge and Gettysburg.
I have been waiting for vol. 2 (Shiloh, Bentonville) for about three years.
It is a chit pull system, with easy to learn rules. A successful development of famed Across Five Aprils (VG) by same designer Eric E. Lee.
Easy to play solo.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
Just bought my third game of the Gettysburg battle. I now have Last Chance For Victory, The Three Days Of Gettysburg and a Most Fearful Sacrifice. Sincerely hoping that I get a chance to put them on the table one day. I'm not a huge ACW gaming fan, but would like to try it. Do you ever participate in this genre?

We just started playing A Most Fearful Sacrifice. Overall I like it so far (Have only played the first 2 scenarios). It can be a little confusing at first ( or it could be I have been playing the Blind Swords system, currently Thunder at Dawn, for a while now and that is causing the confusion ). It is similar to the Blind Swords ACW games but they are not the same.

I would start with the smaller scenario till you get the hang of it. If you do start with the smaller scenarios you might find some of the cards a little over the top but we think they will be more balanced in the larger scenarios.

I'm no expert but if you have an questions I'll try to answer them.