DnO Multiplayer Sign-up

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Xandamere said:
Isn't Panzergruppe 1 the one attached to Army Group North? I hate to sound rude, but that was the one that I was really hoping for....
Panzergruppe 4 is in the north, with two panzerkorps. :)

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Dicke Bertha said:
Panzergruppe 4 is in the north, with two panzerkorps. :)
If I am correct (not sure) then those would be

XXXI PzK with
1 and 6 PzD
SS Totenkopf
269 ID

and

Manstein's LVI PzK with
8 PzD
3 and 36 PzGrenD (really Mtz)
290 ID

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
DB, like Tigersqn and Xandamere, I'll mark you down temporarily for PzG 2, but I'd also ask if you'd post which of the three Korps you'd most prefer to play. If more people drop in, I may end up having to carve up PzG 2. Or you can select, say, 5 units from the panzergroup 2 and build your own korp.

Xandamere, I'll do the same for you with PzG 4. I already have your choice units recorded.

I hope you guys are aware that it will take quite while to write up orders for so many divisions. Especially the Pz D, which have like 6 or 7 units a piece.

Any more takers? You still have till next Wednesday to decide.

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Menschenfresser said:
DB, like Tigersqn and Xandamere, I'll mark you down temporarily for PzG 2, but I'd also ask if you'd post which of the three Korps you'd most prefer to play. If more people drop in, I may end up having to carve up PzG 2. Or you can select, say, 5 units from the panzergroup 2 and build your own korp.

Xandamere, I'll do the same for you with PzG 4. I already have your choice units recorded.

I hope you guys are aware that it will take quite while to write up orders for so many divisions. Especially the Pz D, which have like 6 or 7 units a piece.

Any more takers? You still have till next Wednesday to decide.
I think I'll invent a new identity here, say Schmale Bertha, so that I can get TWO "#¤%&/ PzKorps verdammt nochmal

Actually Xandermeres wishlist PzGruppe 4 is only 8 divs, a lot less than one normally handles. Sorry youre the boss. Silencio.

just kidding, give me any of those panzerkorps thats fine, as long as I get the coastal units also, hard to f-k up there...to help save face in statistics :p

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
screamer said:
put me down for anything, prefebly an inf korps... i want lives to waist!
Well, what about one from the 16th Army which is in AGN. That would put you between Tigersqn and Xandamere.

There's the 6th Army which puts you smack dab facing the Pripet Marshes.

And there's the 17th Army at the Czech border.

There's the 4th and 9th Armies flanking eastern poland.

If that's too much of a choice, just tell me which Army Group you'd like to play in.

Foggy

Reaction score
DNO defense tactics

Gentlemen - loose term - what would you like for defense tactics?
1. Standard Russian tactics - useless counterattacks for pointless
areas w/heavy losses?
2. Standard ACOW tactics - heavily built up river defense lines - completely
ahistorical?
3. I've been doing a lot of reading - maybe something unique :devil:

Xandamere

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, the general "point" of very closely modelled historical scenarios such as DNO is to see if you as a general can do better than your historical counterparts. I don't think you should be forced into making the same mistakes the Russians made historically.

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Foggy said:
Gentlemen - loose term - what would you like for defense tactics?
1. Standard Russian tactics - useless counterattacks for pointless
areas w/heavy losses?
2. Standard ACOW tactics - heavily built up river defense lines - completely
ahistorical?
3. I've been doing a lot of reading - maybe something unique :devil:
Well I think No 1. seems promising. Never change a winning concept. The road to promotion goes via piles of dead soldiers.

( Your formulation useless-pointless could become a classic :) )

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Dicke Bertha said:
Well I think No 1. seems promising. Never change a winning concept. The road to promotion goes via piles of dead soldiers.

( Your formulation useless-pointless could become a classic :) )
Maybe we ought to ask Norm to add that to the attack types available.

Heavy Losses / Pointless attack.

I only ask that you make it interesting, Foggy.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm playing Foggy in a game we've had going on-again, off-again for some time (some silly tournament at HQ keeps interrupting us, plus work, my moving, his vacation, et cetera)....trust me, he'll keep it interesting! :cheeky:

I also agree: "Heavy losses/Pointless attack" should be considered an instant classic....although it reminds me too much of the last several turns playing the Axis side against JL in round two of the tourney.... :confused:

John

p.s. Foggy- I'll get that turn I owe you out on Tuesday, I swear! I'm on my second .SAL of the turn!

Last edited:

Foggy

Reaction score
I'm printing out the 3.6 scen notes as I type. Honor rules? No rules? :violin:
Edit: After reading the extensive scenario notes - 2 out of 3 ideas BYE! -
I promise to limit sarcasm as much as possible :cry:
Edit 2: The house rules seem pretty straight forward - anything special
to be added/subtracted by the Axis team?

Last edited:

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Call to Order & Call for orders!!

Shortly I'll send out the turn 1 .sal. Any last minuters can still post here or email me. There's plenty to go around, yet.

tigersqn: all of pzg 3
xandamere: all of pzg 4
Dicke Bertha: all of pzg 2
screamer: all of 16th army

As I stated, I am imposing a 48 hour window on orders. I won't necessarily begin the turn on the 48th hour, but that is a guaranteed window. You can submit after that, but I cannot insure I won't have started the turn.

48 hours start as soon as I send out the email. If you don't get it...let me know. If I receive all orders earlier than 48 hours, I will start the turn early.

Foggy: All honor rules in place...within reason. I have nothing major to add or subtract. I won't be using excessive drain attacks. One or two per turn.

Xandamere

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who's commanding the rest of the Axis forces, then? I figured you would pick up whatever anybody else didn't claim...but right now the majority of the forces are unclaimed. Perhaps we should wait a little while longer and see if we can get a few more people? Either that, or assign each of us an Army Group? Since we have 4 people, there's one person for each Germany Army Group and one for all allied forces and the Germans in Rumania.

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Xandamere said:
Who's commanding the rest of the Axis forces, then? I figured you would pick up whatever anybody else didn't claim...but right now the majority of the forces are unclaimed. Perhaps we should wait a little while longer and see if we can get a few more people? Either that, or assign each of us an Army Group? Since we have 4 people, there's one person for each Germany Army Group and one for all allied forces and the Germans in Rumania.
I like this idea.

It would provide for a continuity from objective to objective for each Army Group as the battle progresses.

Foggy

Reaction score
As your humble opponent - I like the idea of the 3 army group commanders -
this will facilitate the finger pointing at a later date :cool:

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Screamer? Dicke Bertha?...thoughts?

I'm more than willing to give each of you an AG. However, it means one you has to take the minors...Finland, Rumanian, Hungary, Italians, etc. And that would mean no participation until turn 4. If someone is willing to volunteer for the minors, I'm certainly game.

We can also wait another week for extra players. And in any case, I don't mean that with the game's beginning, the game is closed. My idea was that players could join at any time. Even if you guys take each an AG, I'd like to keep it open to new players.

Anyone want the minors? Otherwise we have to squeeze four into three AGs...which we could do.