DnO Multiplayer Sign-up

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
You read correctly. After mulling this over and over and over, I've decided to switch scenarios and just post a sign-up sheet. I can keep mulling ad infinitum, and nothing will ever come of it. So here it is:

Scenario
Drang Nach Osten v3.6

Idea
If you've read my previous threads, the general idea is still the same.

Commanders will take charge of specific formations, sending in orders to the GameMaster for each turn as to how his forces should be manipulated. All formations not controlled by a Commander will be controlled by the GameMaster.

HOWEVER, I will not be seeking Commanders for the Soviet side. The Soviet side will be played by a single person as a regular PBEM game. I feel, given the nature of the Soviet experience in DnO, it would be too difficult for a Soviet player to keep track of his formations as they are consumed by the Germans.

I volunteer to be the German GameMaster and will organize all the play. I will also command all units not under the command of someone else.

So here's what you guys have to do.

Post here which formations (specifically) you'd like to control. Remember that German corps are seperate formations from their divisions. I suggest that each commander take one to three formations from each Army Group. This will allow each Commander to play in parts of the whole front. But you don't have to. You can take a single division in AGS, if you want. The Luftwaffe, the Rumanians, Hungarians and the Finns are each treated as one single formation even though they are comprised of several. These can be taken as well.

I'm writing up a short briefing on how we should all conduct ourselves to be efficient, and I'll send that out before we start.

BONUS
I also, as GameMaster, will keep track of which commanders forces take which VP locations, keeping a tally of Commanders points. I will be very fair in this while executing the turns, moving candidates in tandem toward open locations. I know that DnO can end up being a focus on Moscow and I want to avoid that. (edit) This may be a useless category...we'll see. But in any case, I'll end up dividing the points collected by number of units or number of formations under each command to get some sense of equality. Maybe even with a point system according to formation type: Corps x1, Infantry Divisions x2, Pz & Mtz Div x3. Dunno...but I will do the points.

With each new turn, I will send each Commander:
-a document with all previous turns' orders
-a document tracking VP tallies
-the .sal
-and the .pbl (so you can view the playback).

-first come, first serve.
-Don't be shy...no experience required.

And we need a Soviet player! who wants to play what will be an interesting PBEM DnO game.

PS: this evening I will post an .sal of turn one...before any opening moves for those who want a look at the map and units before choosing.

Last edited:

Foggy

Reaction score
Hey - maybe I should get a large bonus for beating multiple ACOW
players at the same time ;) How about it almighty Mantis sir? :D
Someone please send me v3.6 :devil:

Last edited:

Xandamere

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many German commanders do you want to end up with? If you have the 3 Army Groups and all the minor allied forces all lumped together, you could go with 4 total commanders...how does that sound? If you want to go with that, I'll take Army Group North.

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I would be willing to take army group south, preferrably minus Rumanian and Hungarian troops.

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
I'd like to end up with as many Commanders as are willing to play. Therefore, I was thinking of not assigning Commanders by Army Groups, as that would, right out of the gate, limit the number. However, if you want to focus on AGS or AGN, select, say, 3 or 4 initial divisions from that group and possibly a corps formation if you want, which I'll put aside. I don't want someone who just hasn't checked the forum in a couple days coming up with no available PzDivs if that's what they want.

Whatever's left unclaimed after say...a week of sign-up...you're more than welcome to have the rest...or as many as you want.

On second thought, perhaps I should limit the initial claim. For now (let's call this round 1 draft pick), select up to five divisions (not counting corps formations, but feel free to ask for those too), no more than three being PzD & MtzD. Minor allies do not fall under this limit.

After a week, I'll open it up for the rest to be claimed. And if there's less than stellar turn out...you may very well get the whole Army Group.

Last edited:

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
I didn't realize there's a size limit for files, so I can't post turn 1 here. If you're interested, but don't want to wait through the initial book-keeping phase just to see turn one...drop me a line.

menschenfresser@rcn.com

and I'll send you the .sal I have...from which I'll start the game.

Xandamere

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Allright then, my initial claim will be the northern prong of AGN...6th panzer, 8th panzer, 36th motorized (perhaps XXXXI panzerkorps formation to go along with those?), 58th and 290th infantry divisons.

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
tigersqn said:
If possible I'll take Panzer Group 3 (or AGC if it's available :D )
I'll put you down for all of PzGruppe 3 for now, which includes (correct me if I'm wrong):
XXXIX PzK
LVII PzK
V AK
VI AK

It's a lot of units...15 formations. But if you would please, stipulate which of the PzK you'd rather play. I'm also going to run the picks by location and if someone wants to play units which start at this location, I might have to redistribute.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
well, I could play the soviet side, especially because ther isn't that much to do in the beginning besides panicking and running for mama, screaming :D

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Menschenfresser said:
I'll put you down for all of PzGruppe 3 for now, which includes (correct me if I'm wrong):
XXXIX PzK
LVII PzK
V AK
VI AK

It's a lot of units...15 formations. But if you would please, stipulate which of the PzK you'd rather play. I'm also going to run the picks by location and if someone wants to play units which start at this location, I might have to redistribute.
Yep.
If I have to pick a Pz K it'll be XXXIX PzK: 7 & 20 Pz Divs and 14 & 20 Mtz Divs.

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Kraut said:
well, I could play the soviet side, especially because ther isn't that much to do in the beginning besides panicking and running for mama, screaming :D
Sorry Kraut, Foggy's already taken the Soviets.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Menschenfresser said:
Sorry Kraut, Foggy's already taken the Soviets.

Uuups, missed his post :)

No problem, I still have GiO to keep me occupied :D

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Humbly :
Panzergruppe 2 entirely,

or XXIV PzK thereof:
10 PzGren Div
1 Kav Div
267 ID
3 and 4 PzDiv

or XXXXVII PzK thereof:
17 and 18 PzDiv
29 PzGren Div
167 ID

or XXXXVI PzK thereof:
10 PzDiv
SS DR

or (glasses fog up) Panzergruppe 1 (only 6 divisions, piece of cake):
16 and 25 PzGren Div
SS LAH and Wiking
9 and 16 Pz Div

or if you don't trust I will be suited for them, I can command the various coastal battery battalions in the Baltic.

Xandamere

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Isn't Panzergruppe 1 the one attached to Army Group North? I hate to sound rude, but that was the one that I was really hoping for....

Dicke Bertha said:
Humbly :
Panzergruppe 2 entirely,

or XXIV PzK thereof:
10 PzGren Div
1 Kav Div
267 ID
3 and 4 PzDiv

or XXXXVII PzK thereof:
17 and 18 PzDiv
29 PzGren Div
167 ID

or XXXXVI PzK thereof:
10 PzDiv
SS DR

or (glasses fog up) Panzergruppe 1 (only 6 divisions, piece of cake):
16 and 25 PzGren Div
SS LAH and Wiking
9 and 16 Pz Div

or if you don't trust I will be suited for them, I can command the various coastal battery battalions in the Baltic.