Dear Chas: Where Was My Warning?

Reaction score
We'll do a "last call" announcement; but since the Guide just went to the printers it shouldn't take long since it's just a magazine with no "inserts" (maps/counters/whatever).
Dear Chas:

Where was my "warning" on Journal #2? When it is announced that the pre-order is closed, it is a day late and a dollar short.

Sincerely,

Major General Stanislaw Sosabowski

EDIT: Just to clarify...

Billing/shipping will commence later this week.

Last edited:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I gave a "Last Call" for J2, J8 and AP6 several months ago (when we anticipated J2 would be out sooner than this, in fact). Sorry you missed it.

Reaction score
I think some folks want "hourly updates"....
No, but one right before closing the pre-order seems imminently reasonable and practical.

From previous correspondence, I received the impression that this would be done.

From a purely practical standpoint, are any of these offerings in the category of "join the pre-order now," so as to avoid being left out in the cold?

For example, I never bothered to pre-order the Tarawa guide, because it looked like it would NEVER happen. (Not a criticism, just an observation.)
We'll do a "last call" announcement; but since the Guide just went to the printers it shouldn't take long since it's just a magazine with no "inserts" (maps/counters/whatever).

In context, “any of these offerings” specifically included Journal #2.
http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?92821-Mini-ASL-Update

I joined the pre-order at Wargame Depot after the announcement. In other words, MMP left money on the table. My dollar or two may fall into the "so what" category, but I can't be the only one.

EDIT: Clearly, this was a case of miscommunication. My point is that a simple announcement a day or two before closing a pre-order would eliminate any doubt and help MMP's bottom line.

Last edited:

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hear you, but given how long J2 was on pre-order, and the fact that I've made several announcements recently about the progress of the magazine and its components through the print process, it's hard to imagine that someone didn't understand it would be shipping soon.

That being said, I'll ask the office to let me know when they pull something from the list.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Besides, wouldn't it be better to err on the side of caution and just pre-order it early? You can always have it removed if you don't want it any longer..

Reaction score
I hear you, but given how long J2 was on pre-order, and the fact that I've made several announcements recently about the progress of the magazine and its components through the print process, it's hard to imagine that someone didn't understand it would be shipping soon.

That being said, I'll ask the office to let me know when they pull something from the list.
Thanks. That's all I'm asking.

Not to be snarky, but the fact that it was on pre-order for such a long time sort of cuts both ways. Going back and looking at the threads, yes, the indicators were there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Besides, wouldn't it be better to err on the side of caution and just pre-order it early? You can always have it removed if you don't want it any longer..
Since I have been interested in ASL (about a year), the pre-order page has been were items "go to die," so to speak. This is the first time that I've seen a long-term resident actually go to print.