DB136 The Block on the Trail to Hell - AAR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
DB136 The Block on the Trail to Hell - AAR

Little PTO action that is bound to become close and personal. A force of Marines must blast free an area of Japanese GO units. The Marines have serious firepower, 2 DCs and a FT. The Japanese are well equipped with SW, may set up entrenched and have a Bunker with a Tunnel and 2 Trenches. The action takes place on less than a halfboard, so there is not much space to fall back for the Japanese. They have to delay what they can and hope to hang on, using every little dirty trick from the jungle warfare book. I played the Japanese in this one. Throughout the entire game I did not believe I would win this. Interestingly, my opponent had the same feeling for his Marines. The game came down to the last CCPh. The Marines had at least to survive in four locations a round of CC. Of these all but one was in their favor. We played the one in which the Japanese had better chances first: They ambushed the Marine squad and needed a 7 to kill it. The DR result was a 6 for a Japanese win.

DB136 The Block on the Trail to Hell v633 Scenario Archive.jpg

von Marwitz

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
F*ck, yeah... ´cause it´s ´merica....;)
I have to admit that even three battle hardenings and one hero creation ( who never had a chance to prove his bravery ) couldn´t help the Marines win that game.
PTO at it´s best, thumbs up !

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have to admit that even three battle hardenings and one hero cration ( who never had a chance to prove his bravery ) couldn´t help the Marines win that game.
Three Japanese DR's of 3 followed immediately by a couple of 10's and 11's by the Marines helped the cause of the Emperor, though. ;)

von Marwitz