D7: Overruns: can I shoot MGs after doing an overrun?

DerBlitzer

Reaction score
Country
llTurkey
My tank performed an overrun, and has exited the hex. Can it now shoot the MGs in the Adv. Fire Phase, or does the overrun prohibit firing in that phase? The rule says nothing about placing a Bounding First Fire counter on the tank after the overrun.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My tank performed an overrun, and has exited the hex. Can it now shoot the MGs in the Adv. Fire Phase, or does the overrun prohibit firing in that phase? The rule says nothing about placing a Bounding First Fire counter on the tank after the overrun.
D7.1 An OVR is a form of Bounding First Fire. ...
As such, you would mark with bounding fire when the OVR was completed, just as you would with any other form of Bounding First Fire. Note that ASOP 3.32A says: "Vehicle may use Bounding First Fire (C5.3; C8.6; D3.3; D7.1; E7.51-.512; G12.5") -- jim

Last edited:

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you can continue to overun other hexes since it states that if you have enough MP remaning you can overun numerous times even though it's considered a form of bounding fire and technically bounding fire limits you to shooting from one hex....

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So overrun is a form of bounding fire.

Normally you can only do "bounding fire" from one hex.

The overrun rules say you can perform multiple overruns. In effect, this is an exception to the general rule that bounding fire is all done in one hex.

So, is there a problem? Your vehicle used bounding fire, so it is not eligble to fire it's MGs in advancing fire.