Company Commander

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I was going through my HOB Recon By Fire's this morning and ran across this and was wondering if anyone know what ever happened to:

HOB CCOM (Company Commander)

This was circa 1999 from RBF # 1 mag.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was going through my HOB Recon By Fire's this morning and ran across this and was wondering if anyone know what ever happened to:

HOB CCOM (Company Commander)

This was circa 1999 from RBF # 1 mag.
I believe it went with Ed Zeman when he departed HoB.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I also heard about another item HoB was working on, "Kampgruppe". But that project seemed to die as well around the same time that HoB did the final split and BFP was reborn.
This was called "Kampfgruppen Commander" and was in the works by Christian Koppmeyer (TD of German Grenadier tournament).

Years back it was in playtesting stage using various geomorphic boards in a mixture of especially designed as well as existing scenarios for a France 1940 campaign. Each side could buy a number of "core" units that would stay with you throughout the campain (including such things as taking losses, being reinforced/repaired, gaining experience etc.) and other units that could be bought just for a single scenario. This process was using a number of cards for the varying units.

I think the difficulty in the project lay in the fact, that the campaign proved quite lengthy but I do not know the details. I know that the mechanics of "Kampfgruppen Commander" has seen a major edition of its physics, but again can give no details.

As far as I know, "Kampfgruppen Commander" is not dead, but it is surely not on priority for Christian either. If you are interested in further information, you could contact Christian via the Grenadier homepage:

http://www.asl-grenadier.de/

All the best
von Marwitz

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This was called "Kampfgruppen Commander" and was in the works by Christian Koppmeyer (TD of German Grenadier tournament).

Years back it was in playtesting stage using various geomorphic boards in a mixture of especially designed as well as existing scenarios for a France 1940 campaign. Each side could buy a number of "core" units that would stay with you throughout the campain (including such things as taking losses, being reinforced/repaired, gaining experience etc.) and other units that could be bought just for a single scenario. This process was using a number of cards for the varying units.

I think the difficulty in the project lay in the fact, that the campaign proved quite lengthy but I do not know the details. I know that the mechanics of "Kampfgruppen Commander" has seen a major edition of its physics, but again can give no details.

As far as I know, "Kampfgruppen Commander" is not dead, but it is surely not on priority for Christian either. If you are interested in further information, you could contact Christian via the Grenadier homepage:

http://www.asl-grenadier.de/

All the best
von Marwitz

Thanks.

Very interesting read.

I was in the original Yahoo Group for this a very long time ago, but real world issues (work and bills) prevented me from seeing only a few things.

Thanks again for the info.