Can you use Canister while in VBM?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I couldn't find anything in the rules and I also didn't know where the vertices would be. Thanks

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I don't see why not....of course some hexes, depending on which vertex one chooses, might not be within the CA.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't see why not....of course some hexes, depending on which vertex one chooses, might not be within the CA.
Assuming then I would go to the vertices as if I were in the hex I'm bypassing?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Assuming then I would go to the vertices as if I were in the hex I'm bypassing?
Yes...I don't see being in bypass changes that....the vertex will still be "two hexsides distant" from the hex the vehicle is in.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I think you would trace LOS to the vertices from the CAFP. IIRC, all the vertices must be in the TCA. Writing this without confirming, however.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think you would trace LOS to the vertices from the CAFP. IIRC, all the vertices must be in the TCA. Writing this without confirming, however.
Agree, I'd say/play that all three hexes must be withing the TCA - which would limit the choices to three vertices - instead of five.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I submitted a Q&A in May 2013 and am awaiting a response. I can't find the email but it included this diagram asking if these were v FWIWalid aiming points for canister for a vehicle in Bpass. FWiW

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I submitted a Q&A in May 2013 and am awaiting a response. I can't find the email but it included this diagram asking if these were v FWIWalid aiming points for canister for a vehicle in Bpass. FWiW

View attachment 28543
I recently had Perry say to me “Re-send a question that has not been answered within a year or so” (not sure how much time he actually stated). I would mention that the question has been sent earlier.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I recently had Perry say to me “Re-send a question that has not been answered within a year or so” (not sure how much time he actually stated). I would mention that the question has been sent earlier.
Yeah I think after 9 year that might have been overlooked.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah I think after 9 year that might have been overlooked.
I'm sure that's the case and we just played on. I guess the issue hasn't come up for me since 2013. I'm surprised I even remembered it considering I can't remember what day it is half the time.