Call of Duty Sale for Charity

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good for Activision:

Call of Duty DLC on sale for charity

Hey, remember how we always say Call of Duty DLC is overpriced? Well VG247 are reporting that Activision have just launched a great big sale, offering 50% any Black Ops or Modern Warfare 3 Map Pack for the next week. That takes the price down from an exorbitant £11.49/$14.99 to a much more reasonable £5.74/$7.49. There’s something else to, a portion all sales will go to the Call of Duty Endowment, a charity launched by Activision back in 2009 that helps veterans find jobs when their tours of duty are over.

The full list of discounted DLC is as follows:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection 1
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 content collection 2
I just took advantage of the sale to pick up Content Pack #2. I have to say that this is a better map pack than the first one. I have tried two of the new MP maps - The Forge and The Sanctuary - and I love both. The Forge is a great multi-level affair, while the Sanctuary is fill with all sorts of twisty-turny pathways. The art direction for both is excellent - Activision/IW doesn't just pump out bland maps; the new stuff looks as good, polished and atmospheric as the stuff that came with the base game.

Definitely got my money's worth. :thumup:

Can't believe I'm still hooked on this game. :D