Building Control on Board 4

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Quick question I'm wondering if someone can help me with. A scenario I'm playing awards, amongst other things, 2 CVP for each building controlled at scenario end.

Question: On Board 4, does the building in hex X8 qualify as a seperate building from the building in hex Y9?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would say yes.
They are not connected, and a unit in X8 should benefit from the +2 TEM...
I do find X8 bdg something that oughtn't exist... but I believe it is the only example on ASL boards - and that mapboard art is nearly 30 years old now (1976...). :rolleyes:

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I love the "doghouse"!

Everytime I play a scenario with action in that area of board 4, I have this image of 3 squads, a leader, and a couple MG's crammed into an 8x8 building, and actually being able to retain concealment.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oops, meant to include this rules reference on Reepicheep's question, but forgot.

The "doghouse" (4X8) is mentioned in the EX under B.1. It is a building hex, albeit a strange one.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Russians were used to live in such restricted places: only the Nomenklatura lived in Datchas that were 40 meters wide...:D

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
isn't there some big underground complex under that hex and the "building" represents the above-ground access point.

Plenty of room for the 3 MMCs+leaders+several sw's.

I hate that building hex.

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
B.1 rules that it is a seperate building

think of a SSR definig it as having a cellar and a 1st level and you have the typical German rowhouse (home of 3-5 P family, cost depending on location 150-350 T€).

The small houses are great for saving heating energy, avoiding climatic catastrophe. But if you are visited by 3 squads, 4 SMC and some SW the might be a bit small...
let alone overstacking