Black Friday avoidance project.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is room for 5 raaco trays and all the rule books as well as a 23x23 poster frame and all CG maps.
the retractable power cord has 4 outlets as well as 2 x 12v USBs.
There will be a place for a swing arm light/magnifying glass to attach so that it can be used to illuminate the playing area and be used for vehicle information scanning.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gonna paint it olive drab and add rubber feet to the bottom to prevent sliding on slick tabletops.
A detachable coaster sled with handle has been ordered from Amazon.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Do you think it would improve stability if the boards were stored in the bottom of the design with the raaco above? How many boards will you take, the drawer about 90% full?

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary, how much do you anticipate it will weigh when loaded? I would love to have something like that for home but for travel seems heavy maybe?

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you think it would improve stability if the boards were stored in the bottom of the design with the raaco above? How many boards will you take, the drawer about 90% full?
The drawer can hold every non-mounted board from all manufacturers, including CG boards that are folded to 8x11 or 8x22 dimensions. when i get the chance I’ll load up all the boards I have available and take a photo.

The below mounted board drawer was considered but it would mean relocating the power cord reel up high and I didn’t want to do that.

Last edited:

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary, how much do you anticipate it will weigh when loaded? I would love to have something like that for home but for travel seems heavy maybe?
I would only attempt to travel with this if I am driving. The box is mostly made of Baltic birch 1/2” plywood. So, it’s relatively light for its size. Once the weather gets better I will finish it up with the painting and attach the hardware, load up the game comments and weigh the whole thing. I’ll probably take the prototype to WO for its maiden voyage.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
do you have a sketch with all the dimensions etc. so we can build it is our garages as well?