Bioeditor and Modeling

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
I don't ... I have my mind on writing a comparative analysis of colonial warfare in the last 500 years. But since even reading the existing books on the subject will take me about a hundred years I don't quite see what my employer thinks I can achieve in but two. :laugh:
One would guess that it's all about what 'the employer' wishes to see in the final doc, eh? IE: how deep does the read need to go vs What the employer is trying to prove, pro, con, or otherwise.

Employer parameter would be the question, eh?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't ... I have my mind on writing a comparative analysis of colonial warfare in the last 500 years. But since even reading the existing books on the subject will take me about a hundred years I don't quite see what my employer thinks I can achieve in but two. :laugh:
HAHAHA! Aye, good freakin' luck. Well, I must admit I envy you. To have a job studying historr would be the greatest!

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
HAHAHA! Aye, good freakin' luck. Well, I must admit I envy you. To have a job studying historr would be the greatest!
Could only be better if one was doing research for a game designer!

SWEET! :yummy:

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
As everything you do for money, after a while (for me, I've been doing this for 12 years now) it tends to be just work. I am still interested in history, obviously, but more the kind of history I don't have to write about ... I prefer history I only have to wargame. :laugh:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As everything you do for money, after a while (for me, I've been doing this for 12 years now) it tends to be just work. I am still interested in history, obviously, but more the kind of history I don't have to write about ... I prefer history I only have to wargame. :laugh:
Ah, yes, a very true and tellign point.

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
That's right. If you did history for a job, then what would you do for a hobby?

CSO_Talorgan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
They would just be treated like squads. If you want to represent the single infantryman you'll have to adjust all values of all other equipment i think. Afaik noone has done that yet, or has gone public with something like this. Intensive testing may be required.
Is this still the case, 18 months later?

desert

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did I really make this thread a year and a half ago? It's been so long...

arclight

Reaction score
Next dumb question - will a better editor (for designers) be coming, or, wait until TOAW IV?

I don't mind the current one (after learnig how to use it), but with the coding changes Ralph has made, a more *modern* one would be well recieved.

parmenio

Reaction score
Country
ll
Next dumb question - will a better editor (for designers) be coming, or, wait until TOAW IV?
Ditto on the question.

I note that the original author's website linked to from "How to Edit the Equipment Database" seems to be gone. It seems at the very least it could do with a revamp to remove the dependency on the ACOW executables.

parmenio

Reaction score
Country
ll

Bob Cross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So it does. The link in my document, however, doesn't since that points to http://perso-orange.fr/yves.lr/Bioed/Bioed.htm.
Slightly different:

http://perso.orange.fr/yves.lr/Bioed/Bioed.htm

Which, in the Word document, works (not provided to the updates). In the PDF document, it doesn't. I don't know why.

That being said, I note that the source code is available for download. Is no-one working on updating it to remove the ACOW EXE dependency?

If that is, in fact, the case, I'll do the work myself.
That would be great.

parmenio

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ok things done to date....

1) Now uses registry entry for TOAW III (i.e. "install to" path) instead of ACOW.
2) Import and Export dialogs now have EQP files as an option (and they're the default).
3) Replaced the annoying VB6 icon (a pet peeve of mine) with a TOAW one.
4) Project/exe renamed to TOAWIIIEdit.

Under way....

5) The tedious job of copying required code from "import file" to "import xml".

Planned....

6) Removal of "import file" code.

While I'm doing this are there any further requests for changes/fixes to the existing ACOWEdit.exe? Items 1-6 will be released first as a V1.0.

(I'll stick a post on the Matrix forums about this as well)

Last edited: