BG Counters 40:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not certain which "propellant charges" would be correct. My understanding is that the howitzer would use multiple propellant charges depending on the range of the target. Although it must be stated, my understanding of artillery is pretty darn poor.
You had this...." limited space for ammunition storage and could only carry ten rounds along with propellant charges..."

The implication of this as written is that the charges are with the rounds note use of "along with". I added the "their" just for greater clarity / matter of syntax. Also the use of "their" links that this was a compound round...otherwise the way you have it might mean they just carried some other charges around for the sake of it.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The only item I would have had a problem with is the en portee bit. I confess I missed that when I read through, that's the great advantage of posting them here, many eyes reduce the chance of an error slipping through. I would not be worried about something like "with propellant charges" vs "with their propellant charges", for most people reading through the association would not be in doubt. It's not that I haven't left out the odd word or made assumptions about how a reader might interpret something I have posted.