Armageddon 2015

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Got to admit, I didn't see anything dropping the exclusion myself, Mark!

:cry:

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Mark,

I've been reading the dump for the 'Eur + Afr' scenario.........

Event: 97, Kremlin in flames, government flees east!
Trigger: 1 occupies (NATO/allied).
Effect: News only.
location x,y: 67,30 (Moscow*) Radius: 0.

Event: 98, Russian gamble has failed: negotiations begin.
Trigger: Event activated.
Effect: Withdraw army (Russia/allied WOSCommand, WOSCommand HQ).
Trigger Event 97 (Kremlin in flames, government flees east!).
Probability 75%
Turn range = 1...2.

Event: 99, NATO victorious as Russia capitulates!
Effect: End victory 1 (NATO/allied).
Trigger Event 98 (Russian gamble has failed: negotiations begin.).

Event: 101, Estonians forced to surrender
Effect: Withdraw army (NATO/allied Estonia, Infantry brigade).
Trigger Event 99 (NATO victorious as Russia capitulates!).
Probability 75%
Turn range = 1...2.

Event: 103, Isolated Latvians overrun and capitulate
Effect: Withdraw army (NATO/allied Latvia, Infantry Brigade).
Probability 75%
Turn range = 1...2.

Event: 107, Portuguese despair and ask for terms!
Effect: Withdraw army (NATO/allied Portuguese Army, Intervention Br.).
Probability 75%
Turn range = 1...2.

Do these look right to you??? I'm no expert, but this list would seem counter-indicated to me, eh?

Kurt

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Kurt, following this on Matrix as well. You were certainly right about the DoW on neutrals not working in the European scenario - it's as though every Event to activate the DoW and the subsequent mobilisation of the defenders has moved one Event back. Strangely enough, the Europe + North Africa, which is simply an extension of the same scenaio, has the correct sequence. Yet I swear that I playtested those triggering Events and that they all worked at some stage. Ditto the Events you show immediately above: it looks as though Event 99 has run amok. I certainly didn't type it like that.

Oh well, if there's one thing I learned from EA it's that you need a decent playtest to spot the hidden bugs. I'll correct them of course.

I do appreciate your input.

Regards

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a bunch of people bemoaning the event editors proclivity to work well, eh?

Brian Topp is having the same problems! Sounds like Ralph has another thing on his 'to-do' list!

:clown:

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Larry,

As you can see, it might be wise to take a break from the AAR until the events get unscrambled, eh?

Or not, LOL!

:clown:

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
While the Latvian, Estonian and Portuguese problems are silly and need correcting I don't think they're game-breakers, and most Russian players won't DoW the larger neutrals in the larger scenario, as they'll have more than enough on their hands (although clearly it also needs correcting).

Bob Cross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Kurt, following this on Matrix as well. You were certainly right about the DoW on neutrals not working in the European scenario - it's as though every Event to activate the DoW and the subsequent mobilisation of the defenders has moved one Event back. Strangely enough, the Europe + North Africa, which is simply an extension of the same scenaio, has the correct sequence. Yet I swear that I playtested those triggering Events and that they all worked at some stage. Ditto the Events you show immediately above: it looks as though Event 99 has run amok. I certainly didn't type it like that.
Sounds like you did the accidental event duplication thing.

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
Not the right place to ask Bob but, since I've got you here, when do you anticipate there being a final 3.4? I've followed the threads on Matrix and it still seems to be something of a work in progress - several versions, and a few moans and groans accompanying each one. I can't playtest this scenario with Larry as he's very keenly been upgrading as fast as the new 3.4s are released, whereas I'm still using the original TOAW, as are a couple of fellow-players, and we don't really feel comfortable to keep installing new patches. Can I run one original version of TOAW and one with the 3.4 upgrades, bearing in mind that I have no technical understanding of PCs whatsoever?

Bob Cross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not the right place to ask Bob but, since I've got you here, when do you anticipate there being a final 3.4? I've followed the threads on Matrix and it still seems to be something of a work in progress - several versions, and a few moans and groans accompanying each one. I can't playtest this scenario with Larry as he's very keenly been upgrading as fast as the new 3.4s are released, whereas I'm still using the original TOAW, as are a couple of fellow-players, and we don't really feel comfortable to keep installing new patches. Can I run one original version of TOAW and one with the 3.4 upgrades, bearing in mind that I have no technical understanding of PCs whatsoever?
As far as I'm concerned, the current beta is equivalent to the final release - code wise. What's left has nothing to do with code - it's the game menu (that no experienced player uses anyway). I don't know what the hold up is with that or when it will appear (or even why it was necessary to change it).

And, yes, you can install the latest 3.4 while keeping a copy of the older executables on disk (provided you rename them). I've got just such an arrangement on my PC:

Last edited:

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
I've sent what I hope will be the final version of this to the Rugged Defence site. After some playtesting (thanks to Bob and Larry) I found it necessary to greatly reduce Russian and Arab strengths, and to introduce a house rule limiting their sea transport outside the Baltic and Black Seas.

I also abandoned the 'Europe only' version as it allowed the Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italians to send virtually all of their militaries to central Europe: so this version includes the Arab states along the southern Mediterranean and assumes that they'll fight alongside Russia, if only on the principle that they'll attack Israel while NATO, and particularly the US, is busy elsewhere.

Any comments or criticism welcome.

The final version's attached as a zip at the start of this thread.

Cheers