Ambush and Sequential CC

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

Infantry advances into a location already by-pass-sleazed by a friendly AFV. Amazingly, the attacker (vehicle side) achieves ambush. Am I right in assuming that the attacker now resolves all attacks before the defender and sequential CC is out the window? That is, A11.32 supercedes A11.31 since higher rule number?

Thanks!

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
You are correct! A11.32 is probably clear enough in this regard, but you also have 11.34 to solidify your position:

11.34 Should more than one sequential combat criterion occur in the same CC, the highest numbered rule takes precedence.​
Note, especially, the EXample: ;)
EX: Should an Ambush occur in a CC Location containing a vehicle, the ambushing side gets to resolve all of its CC attacks in that Location first during that CCPh. In any subsequent CCPh, the players would alternate sequential attacks.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Those have got to be some pretty sneaky guys to ambush even when one of their own AFVs are in the hex......possible, but P-R-E-T-T-Y damn sneaky..... ;)

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Well, the opponent are concentrated on the AFV and didn't see the infantry sneaking on them.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I once advanced a stealthy Jpn concealed HS onto a broken British squad in Kunai.

Lost ambush, he withdrew, routed away next turn and I lost the scenario by one CVP point.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I once advanced a stealthy Jpn concealed HS onto a broken British squad in Kunai.

Lost ambush, he withdrew, routed away next turn and I lost the scenario by one CVP point.
-2 for the Japanese (-2 concealed, -1 stealthy, +1 ATTACKER in Kunai), +1 for British (broken), assume Japanese roll 6 and the British 1, that's a final 4 Japanese vs 2 British. The British would have to be stealthy too, or perhaps the Japanese CX.

JR

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Night attack maybe

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Night attack maybe
No, the ATTACKER can be two less than the DEFENDER to get ambush but not the reverse [E1.77]. The change for night is not symmetrical. Here the broken unit is clearly the DEFENDER. For the DEFENDER to get ambush it has to roll three less than the ATTACKER.

JR

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Never played this way.. :unsure: time to check The Holy Tome..

Aavar

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CX when advancing into Kunai, unless using a path. that's probably the extra +1

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
CX when advancing into Kunai, unless using a path. that's probably the extra +1
Why would you be CX when advancing in Kunai? It's only two MF. Unless up a hill or the Japanese unit found a five PP SW. Ah, you're thinking of bamboo.

JR