AFV covered arc change

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Senior moment...

Can an AFV which did not fire during the PFPh...nor expend any MPs during the MPh...change it's VCA during the AFPh?

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sure C3.22 Why wouldn't it?
My thought exactly...

C3.22 CHANGING CA WITHOUT FIRE: A Gun may change its CA without firing only at the end of a friendly fire phase...

No problem...and I've always played it that way (AFV VCAs included)

But then I read the Index for the millionth time...and thus the senior moment occurred...

From the Index: Gun (for firing purposes, any weapon on a ⅝" counter currently firing as ordnance; for non-firing purposes, any non-vehicular weapon on a ⅝" counter)...

Not quite sure what that last highlighted part is referring to...thus the reason for my posting... 🤪

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
My thought exactly...

C3.22 CHANGING CA WITHOUT FIRE: A Gun may change its CA without firing only at the end of a friendly fire phase...

No problem...and I've always played it that way (AFV VCAs included)

But then I read the Index for the millionth time...and thus the senior moment occurred...

From the Index: Gun (for firing purposes, any weapon on a ⅝" counter currently firing as ordnance; for non-firing purposes, any non-vehicular weapon on a ⅝" counter)...

Not quite sure what that last highlighted part is referring to...thus the reason for my posting... 🤪
Huh. You just might have something there. Probably worth a PerrySez to clarify/confirm?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
C3.22 is referenced from a rule in Chapter D (section 2 or 3), regarding this.

grabowbe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think that there is a Perry Sez that addresses this:

C3.22, D2.11, D3.12, ASOP 2.31A & ASOP 4.31D
C3.22 refers to Guns. D2.11 refers to weapons. D3.12 refers to weapons without using Intensive Fire. ASOP 2.31A and 4.31D refer to Guns.

An AFV has fired its MA and lost rate:

Q: Can the AFV exercise the free VCA change based on a BMG that has not yet fired?
A: Yes.

Q: Can the AFV exercise the free VCA change based on a CMG that has not yet fired?

Q: Can the AFV exercise a free TCA change based on a CMG that has not yet fired?

Q: Must the free CA change always require a Gun that does not have to Intensive Fire?
A: It does not require a Gun.

....Perry
MMP