AFV concealment loss?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I have a devil's advocate question. A concealed BU Tiger tank is in a woods hex, a squad 6 hexes away with a MMG fires a to hit against the Tiger and scores a hit. Does the Tiger lose concealment? What if it was a Pz IVH? Just thinking.....
At first blush, I'm thinkin' it's enough to lose concealment....interesting.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I have a devil's advocate question. A concealed BU Tiger tank is in a woods hex, a squad 6 hexes away with a MMG fires a to hit against the Tiger and scores a hit. Does the Tiger lose concealment? What if it was a Pz IVH? Just thinking.....
Can't make a To Hit attempt with a MMG vs a concealed AFV...

A9.61:
"Such an attack must be made within Normal Range of the MG, without any form of halved FP penalty imposed, and predesignated as an AFV To Kill attack vs a specific AFV. "

Q&A:
A9.61
A9.61 indicates that an MG TH vs. an AFV must be “without any form of halved FP penalty imposed”, given Ordnance is never
halved, does that imply the halved FP penalty should be considered as if the MG was firing on the IFT instead? E.g. can a MG TH
attempt target a concealed AFV? On the IFT normally the FP would be halved, but as ordnance case K applies instead. Or if the
MG is pinned is a TH allowed?
A. Anything that would halve MG FP prohibits a MG TH attempt, e.g., in AFPh, vs “?”, pinned Infantry, etc.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Can't make a To Hit attempt with a MMG vs a concealed AFV...

A9.61:
"Such an attack must be made within Normal Range of the MG, without any form of halved FP penalty imposed, and predesignated as an AFV To Kill attack vs a specific AFV. "

Q&A:
A9.61
A9.61 indicates that an MG TH vs. an AFV must be “without any form of halved FP penalty imposed”, given Ordnance is never
halved, does that imply the halved FP penalty should be considered as if the MG was firing on the IFT instead? E.g. can a MG TH
attempt target a concealed AFV? On the IFT normally the FP would be halved, but as ordnance case K applies instead. Or if the
MG is pinned is a TH allowed?
A. Anything that would halve MG FP prohibits a MG TH attempt, e.g., in AFPh, vs “?”, pinned Infantry, etc.
Damn! I wuz already licking my chops hoping for an opportunity to strip an AFV concealment with a MG.....

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could have been worse, might have gotten the Tiger commander's attention!

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Thanks!
But I didn't want to ask for a To Hit, I wanted to ask for an Infantry shot against the AFV, which resulted in a Pin Task Check (on the IFT).
My opponent mentioned that this would be enough to lose concealment.
NO PRC exposed to be subject to any IFT result.