AAR - WO24 - Dew Of Death

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
Played Mountain Dew Of Death against Walt Harrar. I had the "Gas??? What gas? I don't smell any gas." Japanese, while Walt had the Take-Out Chinese.

This uses the new DASL boards, and seemed to get a lot of play at ASLOK. The Japanese get a FFE Poison Cloud of Death on turn 1 that hangs around the rest of the game. It smells like my grandmother's boiled cabbage.

Walt thought that it was odd that the Japanese didn't have gas masks, so that they were just as vulnerable to running into the cloud as the Chinese.

Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces with gas masks and rubber gloves during a chemical attac...jpg
These were not my troops.

I didn't get a good drift roll, but it did land on and break a squad with a MMG, which he had to drop when he routed.

That was pretty much the highlight of the game for me. My one leader suffered a fatal wound on my first turn from a 1-1/2 flat shot. When I shot, I rolled lots of 10s. There is a goofy SSR that creates a Japanese leader and randomly plunks it down on turns 2 and 4. My turn 2 leader, a mighty mighty 8-0, went berserk when shot at, taking three squads with him. A charge in the open facing shots of 6-2, 6-2, 30-3, and 15+1 did not end well. Go figger. I did make it to the target hex with 2 HSs.

HtH CC was not my thang. I traded 2 447s for a 337, 3 447s for a 337, and a 448 for a 337 and a HS prisoner who decided to take up arms against their captor. Even after we had shared cigarettes and opium with them. Walt rolled lots of 3s in CC, which will ruin your day, even at 1:4.

After 3 turns, I conceded, as I only had 16 points left, and needed to exit 20. I was actually down to 18 points at the end of my turn 3, but I hadn't counted the points at that time. More like Doo-Doo of Death for me.

All the brush and orchard to move through and a lack of leaders make this tough on the Japanese. In light of the outcome, I am glad, nay, delighted that I dumped poison gas on Walt. I did it, and I would do it again.

2160e0d2b5b79f686ee5f6134d56711b.jpg
It's a Japanese thing. You wouldn't understand.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We _hope_ it gets a lot of play at ASLOk.

It did get a fair amount of play at Winter Offensive.

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
Okay, it wuz in Bowie. All I know is, there were boards. There were dice. There was sleep deprivation...