A6.7 - Multiple Hindrances in Same Hex

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In this particular case a non-Moving AFV and brush are in the same hex through which a line of fire passes. Surely the effect would be +2 for these two different types of hindrance per A 6.7?

I also recall seeing somewhere a comment about the accumulation of hindrances being different when they are of a different type than when they are the same. Can anyone help my failing memory and point me to where I might have seen that! :)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A.17 states that DRM are cumulative.
So different Hindrances are too.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
In general different kinds of hindrances (terrain, weather/environment, vehicular, SMOKE, FFE, etc.) are cumulative. See the second EX in A6.7 where adding a wreck to a hex with a terrain hindrance increases the total hindrance DRM.

The one odd case that might be missed is that one or more AFVs/wrecks in the same hex give a +1 hindrance [D9.4], so a single hex with two wrecks is still only a +1 hindrance, while two different hexes each with one wreck is a total +2 hindrance.

JR

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In general different kinds of hindrances (terrain, weather/environment, vehicular, SMOKE, FFE, etc.) are cumulative. See the second EX in A6.7 where adding a wreck to a hex with a terrain hindrance increases the total hindrance DRM.

The one odd case that might be missed is that one or more AFVs/wrecks in the same hex give a +1 hindrance [D9.4], so a single hex with two wrecks is still only a +1 hindrance, while two different hexes each with one wreck is a total +2 hindrance.

JR
I always neglect to read the darned examples!

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Also, when there's a wreck blaze, only the +2 smoke DRM applies. The Wreck TEM/hindrance "disappears" (B25.2) except for cases when the smoke itself wouldn't apply (Fire Lanes, Heavy Winds).

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I forgot to mention that the maximum SMOKE hindrance (per hex) is +3. You can have any number of SMOKE counters, but the hindrance will not exceed +3 per hex (+4 if firing out of it). That can happen a lot if there is a SMOKE OBA mission and mild breeze. Each hex drifts separately, so you end up with piles and piles of original and/or drifting SMOKE.

JR