2DAltCounters

ezjax

Reaction score
Made these Alternative 2D flat counters for myself but you can get them here. The 2D small counters are not inclued, will be done later. :laugh:

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
ezjax said:
Made these Alternative 2D flat counters for myself but you can get them here. The 2D small counters are not inclued, will be done later. :laugh:

Nice work, I was just wondering if you did all the color combinations?

ezjax

Reaction score
Counters

Okimaw said:
Nice work, I was just wondering if you did all the color combinations?
The Numbers.bmp and all the normal 2D counters, except for the NATO type icon, were repainted to ensure color consistency. Also the color buttons icons on the Standardbuttons256.bmp was repainted.
My motivation was that I didn’t like the bold hazy number look.

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Will your numbers.bmp work with the standard icons, i mean, did you use exactly the same colours?

It's just because i don't like the edged icons..

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Telumar said:
Will your numbers.bmp work with the standard icons, i mean, did you use exactly the same colours?

You like the non-bold numbers, but not the icons?

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Veers said:
You like the non-bold numbers, but not the icons?
Yes, is there a misunderstanding due to language deficiency?

Edit: Ah! I meant i don't like the edged COUNTERS ! I love the NATO icons, without any doubt..

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Telumar said:
Yes, is there a misunderstanding due to language deficiency?

Edit: Ah! I meant i don't like the edged COUNTERS ! I love the NATO icons, without any doubt..
No, just making sure you hadn't fallen to the dark side of flat counters. :laugh:

NATO ICONS= :banana: :hurray:

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Veers said:
No, just making sure you hadn't fallen to the dark side of flat counters. :laugh:
Well you better wear your crucifix and safety goggles if you read me and Larry's FitE AAR on Matrix, squared counters all over the place. If you don't get pulled to the dark side you might poke an eye on the sharp edges:nuts:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Okimaw said:
Well you better wear your crucifix and safety goggles if you read me and Larry's FitE AAR on Matrix, squared counters all over the place. If you don't get pulled to the dark side you might poke an eye on the sharp edges :nuts:
Fortunately, your guys' AARs are mostly small counter pics, or the mini-map so I can safely view 'em and not get dragged down the wrong path. :p
Telumar said:
Nice, Telumar, very nice. :laugh:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
When will this modding madness end?

How come some people don't realise yet how perfect the original TOAW graphics are! :D

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
nemo said:

How come some people don't realise yet how perfect the original TOAW graphics are! :D
Hilarious. I was just thinking about how great it is that TOAW is so easy to mod. :laugh: Means we can all have great, different set-ups. I have the old CoW graphics, mixed with red air fields, so they show up, the blue anchorage hexes from TOAW III, my own railroad mod that have thick cross-hatched RRs. It means I have everythgin I want, everythgin I want to show up, does. :)

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
nemo said:

It is not madness my friend. It's like that "old dead guy science" theory of natural selection put into practice. The original graphics are far from perfect as successive mods have proven. Think of round counters and original terrain as Cro magnon man in the TOAW world slowly and surely being supplanted by the likes of JMass mods, the true Homo Sapiens sapiens of the TOAW world if you will. One day soon rounded counters and original terrain will only be the museum pieces of AAR's from days gone by.Even Windows is not immune from this natural selection as you'll see from this screenie. :laugh:

Last edited:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Okimaw said:
It is not madness my friend. It's like that "old dead guy science" theory of natural selection put into practice. The original graphics are far from perfect as successive mods have proven. Think of round counters and original terrain as Cro magnon man in the TOAW world slowly and surely being supplanted by the likes of JMass mods, the Homo Sapiens of TOAW world if you will. One day soon rounded counters and original terrain will only be the museum pieces of AAR's from days gone by.Even Windows is not immune from this natural selection as you'll see from this screenie. :laugh:

Hey, Cro Magnon men were Homo Sapiens Sapiens, just like us! At any rate, only evolved, highly competitive and glass-wearing wargamer species can decipher the original railroads (broken, not broken? Let me get closer to the monitor...), airfields (where the heck will I land this squadron?) and the blending shades of terrain (damn it, stuck again in badlands...) :D

I'll come back to you in ten years or so when my eyesight gets poorer!

Nice Windows layout you have there for sure :surprise: :laugh:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
:rifle:ROUNDED COUNTERS FOREVER!:rifle:
:ar15: BACK YOU CANNIBAL, :skull: HEATHEN SQUARED COUNTER PEOPLE! :ar15::ar15::eek:gre:

Okimaw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
nemo said:
Hey, Cro Magnon men were Homo Sapiens Sapiens, just like us! At any rate, only evolved, highly competitive and glass-wearing wargamer species can decipher the original railroads (broken, not broken? Let me get closer to the monitor...), airfields (where the heck will I land this squadron?) and the blending shades of terrain (damn it, stuck again in badlands...) :D

I'll come back to you in ten years or so when my eyesight gets poorer!

Nice Windows layout you have there for sure :surprise: :laugh:
Yes Cro magnon men were homo sapiens sapiens, but where are they now? In a display case at the Museum of Man and Nature. As for original RR's etc, it's like comparing stickmen to the Mona Lisa, but I suppose it could be an acquired taste, like chutney. And Veers put the gunsdown, pleeeease?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Okimaw said:
Yes Cro magnon men were homo sapiens sapiens, but where are they now? In a display case at the Museum of Man and Nature. As for original RR's etc, it's like comparing stickmen to the Mona Lisa, but I suppose it could be an acquired taste, like chutney. And Veers put the gunsdown, pleeeease?
Guns...yes...guns...EHEHEHEHEHEHEEEHEHE! :nuts::nuts:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Okimaw said:
Lol!

(to hell with the ten character limit: it prevents a flow of highly valuable three-lettered posts :smoke:)

ezjax

Reaction score
Stock Counters

Telumar said:

No, but if you go here, i have inclued a numbers only file that works with the original unmodified stock counters.