1776 Tourney Update

Glyn

Reaction score
Country
ll
Going to be going on Holiday from the 6th until the 11th .. So won't be able to do anything until I get back. :)

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Assualt scenario is definitely interesting. Good job Gary.

I would like to see only British Guards being rated quality A, however. :laugh:

al

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will second the complement. This scenario definitely looks interesting.

Ben

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Danny and I are about half way through our first scenario...so moving along, but still a ways to go. His assult has begun, and my British are holding fast...for now.

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One game won, the other nearly done.

Jim and I completed the game where he was the Americans and I was the British. I sallied forth and chased the rebels from the field. A Major Victory!

How do we post the results for the tournament again?

That sly Cobb-meister tried to trick me into accepting a Minor Defeat in the other one. Fortunately, I was alert while reading the Early Termination Bid. :nuts:

My Americans concentrated, and rushed the British defenders turning a flank, and crossing the fieldworks in multiple places. Cornwallis appears to be directing his batman to collect his things, and load them on a nearby ship! :laugh:

I am enjoying the games with Jim. He's a gentleman.

rahamy

Reaction score
Tourney game reporting

The central part to this site is the WARS system, which can be reached from the link towards the top right-hand corner of the forums. It will take you to this page:

http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/ladder.php

Then you select the ladder you want to report on, in this case Nap/EAW, which will take you here:

http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/ladder_rating.php?ld=9http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/ladder_rating.php?ld=33

In the center, at the top of the ladder listing, you will see the link to "Submit a game report", select it.

http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/wfhq-ld-step1.php?lk=0.83135175130456&ladnum=17&sub=1http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/wfhq-ld-step1.php?lk=0.89698932869079&ladnum=38&sub=1

On this new page you need to select the proper scenario, in this case "SZO Round 2 - Assault (1776)" - then the number of turns, select your opponent, and make sure to select the box that says "Was this a SZO tournament scenario? setting it to yes, that way it will interface with the tournament page. You can then rate it if you wish, then click the "Go to step 2" button on the bottom left.

On this last page you set your side and the victory level, but also make sure and select the match from the drop down list on item 3, so the system gets properly updated.

And that's it...do one for each game and all the pages will be updated automatically.

rahamy

Reaction score
Danny and I just regiaind communications, so we're only about 1/3 of the way through the first scenarios...so still a ways to go. :nervous:

Lucas Kling

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Waiting on Pat Mullen. I know he has been ill, so I hope he's starting to feel better soon. We've got pretty many turns left.

rahamy

Reaction score
You should hear from Pat this ypcoming week.

And don't worry, you aren't the only team with a long way to go. :D

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Second game with Jim is over American Major victory. Two major wins for me. I like this scenario Gary. ;)

Jim Cobb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My mistakes were:

1. Not taking inventory of my troop types.
2. Expecting Al to react the way I would.
3. Moving my Yank arty to close.
4. As Yank, spreading my assets accross the board
5. As Brits, not appreciating the melee power of massed Yank units

Last edited:

Mike Cox

Reaction score
Ben and I exhanged a few turns, but then I believe he has retired from the forums & SZO.

Reaction score
Mike, if you want, I can put you against John Longstreet who also lost his opponant. Do you think you can play them through fairly quickly?

rahamy

Reaction score
Al & Jim,

Can one of you guys please submit your end game reports in the WARS system? If they have been already then they are not properly marked as Tournament scenarios...please let me know if you need help with this.

Danny and I just finished our first game, so its now my turn to try and take the town! :nuts:

Mike Cox

Reaction score
Gary -

Did not see the post re Longstreet.

I think I amy be too far gone in this one to make up lost time. (Esp at this time of the year.)