1000 points, 5000 points, or 10000 points?

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Points are not really important.

The problem is Theater Options.

Things appear consistent with all recent COW/T3 versions posted.

I do not have the time to identify the corrections necessary. Just made the dumps to update Pony Tracks with the latest versions. It looked like a problem before got around to linking the events. And today was able to test things.

Well so much for zip files they are too big.

:stirthepot:

Ok problem 1 is
Maginot line is extended turn 1.
Turn 2, the French can attack Axis.
Something kills the cease fire.

Maybe I have missed something in the briefing
Problem 2 is
When Germany declares war on France and Britain but not Poland
Poland is not activated.

Poland activates when Axis declares War on Poland.

Lou
----------------------------------
The TOAW is in the details.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Things appear consistent with all recent COW/T3 versions posted.
So you're saying this happens with T3 and CoW?
And what about points?

EDIT: Oh, are you talking about EA, or Pony Tracks?

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok problem 1 is
Maginot line is extended turn 1.
Turn 2, the French can attack Axis.
Something kills the cease fire.
What cease-fire? I just opened TOAW III (b) in T3 and the scenario doesn't start in a cease-fire. Likewise, with 3.4c in CoW, no cease-fire to begin with.

EDIT: Oh, are you talking about EA, or Pony Tracks?

Last edited:

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, :stirthepot:
it happens in all posted versions.
COW 3.4 b/c/d
T3 b/c

The points is a joking reference to Mark awarding a 1000 experience points for finding errors - in the COW 3.4d version I think

Lou

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
I've taken a look and think both Lou's comments are correct, but the first one's OK.

If the French construct the Maginot Line then the newly placed forts can start shelling the German lines, but shouldn't because the countries aren't at war. It's the same as the British attacking the German coast, or the Red Air Force bombing, say, Rumania. Just because the game allows it, doesn't mean that you can do it.

Poland not joining in when the Germans DoW France and the UK isn't right, I need to take a look at it. I'm sure that it used to work.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Maybe I have missed something in the briefing
Problem 2 is
When Germany declares war on France and Britain but not Poland
Poland is not activated.
I just tried this with TOAW III (b) in T3, and it worked just fine, the Poles and French activated fine...

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NO Cease Fire?

I missed something, there was a ceasefire in the past versions, until a T/O declared war on someone.

Cease fire was still in COW tested (well one of them anyhow)

Just checked T3 NO Open Fire event to start the war.

Missed something being away for so long

Lou

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Save game PBM

PASSWORD small letters password.

Lou

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just re-tested 3.4d (which I just dowloaded), with CoW, and it a) does not begin with a Case-Fire and b) the Poles activated just fine, with the declaration of war on only Britain and France.

I also re-tested TOAW III (b) and found that it a) begins without a Cease-Fire and b) the Poles activate fine if Germany declares war on Britain and France.

I also loaded up Lou's saved game to see that the Poles did not activate for him. VERY STRANGE!

EDIT: I further went and tested it with TOAW III (b) in PBEM (all previous tests were hotseat), and the Poles activated again. Have you been able to reproduce the failure, Lou?

Last edited:

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Are we comparing like with like? I've run through the opening few moves and it seems (i) if the Germans DoW Britain and France and the latter hasn't extended the Maginot Line, the Poles mobilise as expected (ii) if the French have extended the Line, the Poles don't mobilise, which is reasonable enough.

Lou, were you only talking about the Poles not mobilising after the French choose the Maginot Line TO?

Just making sure we're asking at the same question.

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK

Apparently was mixing apple and oranges, and some prunes showed up.

I finally got the time to look at this problem, and it is a problem.

The Scenarios designed for COW 1.04 DO NOT CONVERT correctly into TOAW III 3.0.0.17.

Case in point has EA 3.4 (d) working correctly in COW 1.04

Allies took the Maginot line turn 1, and germany declared war on Poland turn 3, with the war legal on turn 4. Poland became mobile as it should.

Case in point has EA 3.4 (d) working differently in TOAW III 3.0.0.17.

Allies took the Maginot line turn 1, and germany declared war on Poland turn 3, with the war legal on turn 4. Poland remained locked in place unable to move.

EA 3.4 (d) was loaded into the TOAW III 3.0.0.17 editor, and saved. Absolutely nothing else was changed, I leave it to you to duplicate it for yourself.

The version of EA 3.4 (d) used was the sticky downloaded yesterday.

If one was to play out the converted scenario in TOAW III 3.0.0.17, Yugo is not released either, although the Axis Allies are when joining for the Eastern Crusade.

I have traced events for all formations being released. It is a Force 2 ONLY issue where the formation ID is lost for all in the conversion.

Lou

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OK

Apparently was mixing apple and oranges, and some prunes showed up.

I finally got the time to look at this problem, and it is a problem.

The Scenarios designed for COW 1.04 DO NOT CONVERT correctly into TOAW III 3.0.0.17.

Case in point has EA 3.4 (d) working correctly in COW 1.04

Allies took the Maginot line turn 1, and germany declared war on Poland turn 3, with the war legal on turn 4. Poland became mobile as it should.

Case in point has EA 3.4 (d) working differently in TOAW III 3.0.0.17.

Allies took the Maginot line turn 1, and germany declared war on Poland turn 3, with the war legal on turn 4. Poland remained locked in place unable to move.

EA 3.4 (d) was loaded into the TOAW III 3.0.0.17 editor, and saved. Absolutely nothing else was changed, I leave it to you to duplicate it for yourself.

The version of EA 3.4 (d) used was the sticky downloaded yesterday.

If one was to play out the converted scenario in TOAW III 3.0.0.17, Yugo is not released either, although the Axis Allies are when joining for the Eastern Crusade.

I have traced events for all formations being released. It is a Force 2 ONLY issue where the formation ID is lost for all in the conversion.
Noted. Will duplicate later.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Lou,

Thanks for the effort, but I just tried EA TOAW III (C), the version meant for T3, in T3 3.1.0.9 and confimred that, following your actions, the Poles do, in fact release. I then continued on to attack Yugoslavia, and they released as well.
Thanks for the version catch, Stefan.

Lou

Event Engineer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem is not T3 versions.
The problem is the conversions from COW.

I can do more with COW when assembling a scenario than than in T3. Using COW for the basic and converting to T3, lets me avoid the anti-cheat blockade.

While I am working on a last COW project, I want to expand it after an accurate conversion to T3, and release both at the same time.